Best All Time War Movie!!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Big E, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

Im watching "Patton" right now. What is your favorite?

2. Apocalypse Now and The Thin Red Line..:up:

3. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

Thin red line, enemy at the gates, behind enemy lines, and black hawk down

4. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Saving Private Ryan just was just on, it's one of the best.

Band of Brothers series was pretty dang good, too. I just got The Pacific for Christmas, I'll let you know how it rates later!

The old "Wake Island" movie, filmed shortly after it happened back when they thought all the Marine defenders died, was a good one, too.

5. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

TV series "Band of Brothers" is my favorite. Otherwise any John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart movie. :thumb:

6. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

that is a good one!! i wasnt even thinking about it. Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan is good too!!

7. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

Saving Private Ryan would be on top with Ba Ba Blacksheep:biggrin:

Carl

8. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Patton, Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers are all real high on my list.

flintknapper, be sure to remember to let us know about "Pacific"

9. NORM

NORM Well-Known Member

We were soldiers, platoon, hamburger hill, saving private Ryan....there are alot of great war movies out there.

10. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, and The Bridge On The River Kwai were always my favorite till The Band Of Brothers series.

Didn't care much for Pacific.

11. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I kinda figured that "Pacific" was along the lines of "Band of Brothers", except being it was the war with Japan of course....Is it not?

12. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

I thought the action scene's in Pearl Harbor were outstanding, Windtalkers was also very good. Can't belive noone said Full Metal Jacket that is a good one also.

13. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

X2............Apocalypse Now and We Were Soldiers, I can relate too..served my time there.............Blackhawk Down was another good one.......another is 'BAT 21', based on a Real story of survival in the Nam after being shot down, of Iceal Hambilton (sp)......

14. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

Another movie that I thought that was good was The Kingdom, also liked Jarhead.

15. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Apocalypse Now.

16. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

sooo many good ones

Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan, Sands of Iwo Jima, Patton, Apocalypse Now are some of my favorites.

I have a thing for snipers so I really liked enemy at the gates.

17. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

I actually like all war movies, for the most part.

18. The Patriot is tops.

Braveheart, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and Hurt Locker are runners-up.

19. Band of brothers, boys of company c, full metal jacket, firebase gloria, hamburger hill, kellys heroes