Best .40 cal.

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by IEDHUNTER, Dec 3, 2012.

1. IEDHUNTER

IEDHUNTER Well-Known Member

NE AR
    Which would you buy if you were looking to buy a semi-auto pistol? Seems like everyone, espeically law enforcment goes with the Glock. Looking for a mid size, not a small or one to big. Colt M&P, Glock, Berreta, Ruger, etc. I'm sure that most will be personnal preverence. Any ideas appriciated.

2. gbashby

gbashby Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    All the brands you named are good guns. You would need to put your hands around them to see which ones feel good and which don't.

I'm a Glock guy so the G23 would get my vote for a mid size 40 cal.

4. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

G23 for me. Kind of starting to like some of the XD line too. My next everyday gun may wind up being an XDs. It's small, but I'm sure they have a mid size .40.

5. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

Xd service model. Last I heard NLR pd had bought a lot of the new berettas and was having all kinda problems with them. And I'm not a glock fan due to a brand new one blowing the slide off in his face and it was a law enforcement model. He was working as a deputy down around Waco tx

6. buske475

buske475 Well-Known Member

Love my ruger sr40

7. dkhern

dkhern Well-Known Member

check em all see which feels best cant go wrong w glock

8. Grizzly16

Grizzly16 Well-Known Member

G23 or S&W M&P compact (very similiar to the g23/19 size). Please don't get caught up in "it feels good in my hand" as a test. That is like buying a truck because it looks pretty.

9. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
  10. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I'm a Glock guy too... but the M&P's would be my choice for a mid-size if I went to buy a new one! I just like the fit to my hand.... But I've gotten so used to shooting Glocks that finding the sights on anything else seems to take forever!

I know it doesn't.... just seems that way.

11. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

12. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glock is a great gun. I would have to vote for that. I had the G22 (gen 3). It shot very well and I really liked how it "pointed". It had a very natural feel in the grip angle for me. Alas, I needed some cash so I sold it.

13. duckdodgers

duckdodgers Well-Known Member

just purchased a XDM in 45 caliber 3.8" barrel and i am really impressed with it and they make a 40 caliber also you should check them out

14. brando

brando Well-Known Member

love my springfield xd

15. glocker

glocker Well-Known Member

Glock 23 all day for me.....fits great and can't break it

16. Sig P229. It comes in 40 or 357. You can get a Sig, the Cadillac of handguns, or you can get the Chevy of handguns...a Glook. Your call.

17. Da Duke

Da Duke Well-Known Member

Ruger SR40, XD or Sig. JMHO

18. Grizzly16

Grizzly16 Well-Known Member

Don't forget an HK USP Compacts those buggers are bullet proof and one of the more accurate guns around.

19. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

If you want a gun that will shoot every time, in every condition, no matter what then get glock. If you want something that looks pretty, or feels good, or looks good in a picture (which is fine if thats what you are going for) then buy something else. I keep a Glock next to bed at night, a Glock in my truck, and I carry a Glock into the woods. My "other" pistols are for range shooting, cleaning, showing off, trading around, etc.

20. lonwen99

lonwen99 Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

Sig Sauer P250 , I love mine .:thumb::flag: