Bent Something on the Mount for the Outboard Motor

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by CrappieMaster220, Jan 2, 2011.

1. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

Most that I've seen can be bent back to a usable position. It's a weak design IMHO. Best to always use a transom saver while towing. That's how most of them get bent up. Towing with motor in a shallow water drive position. Not too difficult to replace with new either.

3. CrappieMaster220

This one is bent pretty badly probably needs to be replaced... But thanks for the comment makes me feel a little bit better about it

4. QCDually5.9

Look on the inner sides of both clamp brackets. You will see the slots that the bent piece rides in. Make sure neither side has been broken. I've seen afew cases where they have.

5. SUPERMAG

SUPERMAG Well-Known Member

I've got to replace mine also. Hit a stump the other day and sheared both "ears" that sit in the grooves for the shallow drive off. Busted the stop off my motor mounting plate too.........

6. QCDually5.9

OUCH! :smack:

7. CrappieMaster220

QC, the piece that the bent piece sets in has been broken... But looks like it should still work... The whole piece didn't break off...

8. QCDually5.9

If you can get a pic, post it for us to see. If the transom bracket is broke, you may need it replaced in order to do away with future problems.