Benelli problem

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by green_head_getter, Dec 18, 2010.

1. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Hey guys on the way out of the duck woods I stood my gun up in the bottom of the canoe with the barell pointing up and out. Apparently there was a little water in the back end of the canoe. I get in my truck and look at my gun and the recoil pa and cheek pad are all wrinkled up like someones foot that's been in the bath too long. Unacceptable and I demand a replacement. Y'all know a number I can call?

2. green_head_getter

3. grrifles

grrifles Well-Known Member

Let it dry then it should be fine

4. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

5. green_head_getter

3 min canoe trip max. I expect more out of a $1200 gun

6. Dang that looks like its been held to close to a heater.. I'd make a call for sure..

7. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

geez what were you canoeing in? lake of acetone? i would def call and see if thats normal.

8. if you get a new one send that one to me, mine fell out of my stock last season.

9. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

yeah thats definately something they should stand behind. never seen anything like that ever. is there anything else that could have been in the canoe that got in the water? looks like battery acid got ahold of that thing or something. thats crazy.

10. green_head_getter

Nothing else in the water. I sat it in the sun and for the most part it's back to normal and opperatable but I still don't like it. Cheek pad is a little better to. Still gonna call though. Just looks trashy and my gun hasn't been on 10 hunts even

11. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

Thats one of the reasons I prefer my older SBE over the new SBEII. Mine has the traditional screw on pad. It also doesnt have the rubber crap in the stock. It seems like everytime benelli comes out with a new gun it looks less like a real gun to me.

A buddy of mine had that happen to the internal rubber pieces in his stock when he got gun scrubber on it. It bubbled up.

12. green_head_getter

That's exactly what it did. There should be some kind of sealer for that problem

13. SUPERMAG

SUPERMAG Well-Known Member

Should'a bought an 870.......

14. theplayer

theplayer Well-Known Member

Looks like it sat in some gas or something but you said it was just water. I have a SBE2 and have never seen it do that.

15. arduckhunter84

arduckhunter84 Well-Known Member

My SBE II did the same thing when the recoil pad got wet and when it dried it went back to normal, but mine also shot a foot high and a foot and a half to the left.

16. green_head_getter

It dried and went back to normal for the most part

17. duck01

duck01 Well-Known Member

I agree, that's not caused by water.............

18. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

they always do that. they go back when you dry them out... just like your fingers.

arduckhunter84
    Member Join Date: Jan 2010

My SBE II did the same thing when the recoil pad got wet and when it dried it went back to normal, but mine also shot a foot high and a foot and a half to the left.

Sounds like you should've looked down the bead.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  19. green_head_getter

Duck01 it WAS and IS caused by water what else would be in the bottom of my canoe? My waders didn't bubble up. It's a brand new gun, I take care of it. Turns out water makes it swell if soaked for a while

20. halfcocked

halfcocked Well-Known Member

It will happen everytime it gets real wet.:smack: I can't explain why, but when it drys you won't even be able to tell it. I had it happen almost every hunt the last 2 years before I sold the piece of :censored: and bought me a SX3. :clap: