Benefit Shoot For Catch A Dream!

Discussion in '3D & Archery' started by arkansas-bowhunter, Jan 5, 2011.

1. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

Hey there guys and gals. We at Central Arkansas Bowhunters will be hosting our 5th annual Catch A Dream 3D Benifit Shoot on May 21st 2011. For those of you who do not know what Catch A Dream is, here ya go. Catch A Dream is a non-profit organization much like Make A Wish. The difference between the two is that Catch A Dream takes terminally ill children up to the age of 18 on a outdoor experience of a life time. We at CAB have been fortunate enough to send 6 terminally ill children on an experiences of there own. Each year we strive to raise enough money to send at least two terminally ill children on one of these experinces. The cost is $3500 per child and we raise this money through target sponsors, donations and entry fees. Please make plans for May 21st 2011 to join us and help us reach our goal of two children, and just maybe we will be blessed enough to send three terminally ill children on an outdoor experience of a life time.

2. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Soon as ya know please let us know how much its going to cost per ticket etc.

3. Yall picked the best day of the year to have the shoot, tell Mrs. Arkansas-Bowhunter she has to make me a birthday cake if we can come shoot :biggrin:. Remind me the next time we talk and we'll sponsor a target.

4. arkansas-bowhunter

what type of cake?

Gene, you want chocolate, vanilla, or the watermelon one you had last year?

5. arkansas-bowhunter

Entry Fee for Pro: $20.00 Entry Fee for for youth and adult classes $15.00 and cub and pee wee are free.

6. New2BPA2010

New2BPA2010 Well-Known Member

Curt,
    Glad to see you still have the fire brother!!! This shoot defines who we are as hunters and outdoorsmen. My nephew Trey at age eight was diagnosed with Leukemia. He was lucky enough to go on a Catch-A-Dream hunt. This was one of the greatest events of his life. Talking with my sister and brother-in-law they said it was the greatest thing for him at the time and something he talks about all the time. Unfortunately we are starting round two with the fight against Leukemia, we will win this battle. I challenge all who can help to do so. I also challenge you to hug your babies every day! This can happen to anyone.
    May God Bless You and Yours!
    Lance Schichtl

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. arkansas-bowhunter

Lance, Trey is the reason we (you)started this! It is something that I feel i need to do as a person, and I believe I speak for the rest envolved when i say (as a club). The feeling we all get when we get the story board from Catch A Dream the following year touches all of us. The smiles on the kids on those boards are PRICELESS! Remember the first story board we got back, it ws of that little boy that only killed a spike buck. But from the smile on his face you could tell that it was a world record to him. That is what this is all about making those little ones dreams come true. And yes Sir you know I hug my baby every chance I get. He will get to big for those hugs before to long, so I am going to get them while I can!

8. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

Those kids are what it's all about I hope this year will be the best yet. I hope it will continue to get bigger and better. Also for the ones that remember this shoot last year I challenge you to get the word out and bring a few friends along. This will be the fifth annual shoot this year.

9. FrogTacos

I was extremely blessed to know a boy that was a beneficiary of a Make-a-Wish dream vacation (Disney World.) My son's best friend during his 4th and 5th grade years. His name was Jerry, he was a kidney cancer survivor. His eyes lit up light Christmas whenever he talked about that trip - one his family of 5 children wouldn't have ever been able to afford. Jerry's life, and that of 3 of his siblings was tragically cut short in a house fire. Hardest thing I have ever had to do as a mother was tell my son his best friend had died. It rocked our little community (Friendsville, Tennessee) to the core. I will never forget how much that trip meant to Jerry. It has made me extremely passionate about helping sick kids be able to go on dream vacations/trips, things of that nature. I will mark my calendar, and God willing, I will be there to help however I can. God bless you for helping make this happen.

10. cookiearcher

Thanks for sharing your story that right there is what drives us to do this shoot, and make it the best of our ability. This will be our 5th year so were hoping for a bigger year than last year. We do it for the kids, and god willing we will have another good shoot, and raise money for these kids.

11. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    Id definitely like to use this site to help promote this shoot.

Other than that what does it take to sponsor a target or something along those lines?

12. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Is the shoot held at the Mayflower Range?

13. cookiearcher

You can sponsor a target, we have levels of sponsorship from silver to platinum. Most of the money that is generated from this shoot comes from sponsorship. The shoot will be at the range in mayflower. If interested in sponsoring a target pm arkansas-bowhunter he is the head of the committee for this shoot.Or give him a call at (501)472-4984

14. FrogTacos

Ok, apparently I have no clue how a benefit shoot works. Someone please explain.

15. cookiearcher

What we do is set a normal 3-d target course for a tournament. Then we get individuals and companies to sponsor targets which generates more money. After that we ask local buisness to sponsor door prizes etc to help get people to the shoot. The better the prizes the mire appeal the shoot has. At the end of the day we take all the donations and the money generated from the shoot, and write a check to catch a dream and help a child live out their dream.

16. FrogTacos

So if I sponsor a target who does the shooting?

17. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    What are the costs to sponsor targets? If yall will post all that information on here it might help to get a few more.

We'll have to talk about it but at the very least I think we could donate a few ArkansasHunting.net hats for door prizes.

18. cookiearcher

We have diffrent sponsorship levels silver gold and platinum. Those levels corespond to the amount of money that is sponsored. But when u sponsor a target your name or buisness is placed on poster at a target, and also placed on the event t shirt showing that u contributed. The registered shooters shoot the targets in the competion. When they get to the target they will see who sponsored that target.

19. cookiearcher

I will have arkansas- bowhunter post this years cost to sponsorship level later on today.

20. FrogTacos

We are getting closer! Am I able to register to shoot? Requirements? Can my kids (11 and 15 by then) shoot too? Is this a 2 hour event or is it 15? If its a long one, will there be food vendors there? My son would cry if he was isolated from food for a long period of time. Would I want to bring folding chairs? Do I want to just sponsor a target and stay home? Does this specific event have a website where I can get information?

Really need to know more than a date on the calendar.