Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started on my new loading bench. I've got the bench itself done and now I'm working on the cabinet the finishes out the top. Please ignore the mess, this has required a bit of rearranging as it's quite a bit larger than the little chest you can barely see on the left of the pic. My wife is fairly impressed so far, it ain't looking bad and I've yet to throw one of what she calls a "Famous Berry Cussing Fit" :thumb:

I'm even getting to use my new tumbler already. :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its more fun when you hurt youself or have a good cussing fit. Both at the same time is the best
I'm not done yet, I've still got to finish the cabinet portion that sets on the bench. It's got doors and shelves so there's a good possibility it could still happen......on both accounts. :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've got some done today, actually I got a good deal done today. The cabinet is almost complete. All I've got to do is get the shelf dividers and the shelves stained. The original plans call for sliding doors on the open areas but I've never had much luck with them. The door in the center will have small chains to hold it level when it's open making a little shelf for your scales to set on.

The Ball Test
I set a ball right in the center and it ain't moved.

Sylamore, I believe I'll have enough edge. I haven't mounted a press yet, I'm putting the loading on hold for the time being. I'm going to get a progressive for my .45ACP and future handguns and eventually a turret press for the rifles. I want to see how a progressive sets up before I go to mounting anything.

For some reason the pics make it look like it's whomperjawed but I've put a level on everything and it's not. :confused:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got a little more done. Remember this little door?

Well this is what is supposed to do.

This is what I've done with the Powder Measure, this will allow me to set it up and out of the way when not in use.

Still got a little left to do with the shelves mostly staining.

I still haven't mounted a press to it though. I'm having a hard time deciding on the best location.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll do ya one better,
http://stevespages.com/table3.html
toward the bottom of the page under "MIX 'N' MATCH" you'll find the complete plans. I just made a few minor adjustments, like the sliding doors....I've never had much luck working with them and getting it right.

The lumber cost was around $250.00. I'm not sure of the exact cost because the wife threw some stuff on the cart and ran my bill up to 300 bucks.:smack:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Well, I've got some done today, actually I got a good deal done today. The cabinet is almost complete. All I've got to do is get the shelf dividers and the shelves stained. The original plans call for sliding doors on the open areas but I've never had much luck with them. The door in the center will have small chains to hold it level when it's open making a little shelf for your scales to set on.

The Ball Test
I set a ball right in the center and it ain't moved.

Sylamore, I believe I'll have enough edge. I haven't mounted a press yet, I'm putting the loading on hold for the time being. I'm going to get a progressive for my .45ACP and future handguns and eventually a turret press for the rifles. I want to see how a progressive sets up before I go to mounting anything.
I sure like the looks of your new bench. Great Job!

One more thing to think about......I put an electric power strip on mine that is about 4 ft. long. I use it quite a bit with electric scale and powder dispenser and several other implements that require electricity. It sure is handy. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Good looking bench.
I got to check out a pretty nice reloading setup yesterday.
My dad's first cousin passed away and after the funeral we were visiting with the rest of the family at the house and his wife took us out to the garage to show us his around since we'd never been there.
Hopefully one of his grandkids have or will take up reloading so that all of that stuff doesn't go to waste.
I know in the years past he's always brought down some unique guns to show us pretty much every hunting season.
One of the neatest is a pistol that's a 45 necked down to a 357. Makes for a decent handgun for hunting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.