Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the whole mess, but we cleaned over 75 and time was leaving us pretty quick.

All on crickets, very few if any on beds. Out of 75 probably only 15 were even females.

No doubt it was the most and largest redear we've ever caught. We measured out three that pushed the honest to goodness 1 foot mark. I've caught them that big and bigger, but not in the quantities we did this day.

Some of the bull bluegill were just massive as well. Nothing quite like not being able to wrap your hand around a bluegill!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Nicely done! What sort of gear do you use for that kind of fishing? I assume ultra light spinning?

I need to get into panfishing...always chasing the bass around but would love to learn a new species.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Light spinning gear is what you want. Ultralight is okay, but I really can't afford rods for every single species I fish for. What I use for trout and river fishing doubles as great bream rods for me. Tune down to 4 or 6# line.

Crickets are my bait of choice, but small hair jigs, worms, and other assorted things work. Even small spinners can be deadly on them at times.

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
That one bluegill looks just like a crappie! :eek::wink:

Looks like yall had a good time. Awesome.

When's the fish fry? :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.