Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 3 of the beavers have been trapped. TimberTalker and I set out 6 traps yesterday morning, (well he set them and I watched b/c I know nothing about them) 3 were on the pond and 3 were on runs. We checked them this morning and Had 2 in the pond a 330 trap and a drowning foothold. The other one was caught in a snare on a run, it was huge.

Will add phone pics later.

Thanks TimberTalker

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics

These are phone pics sorry I forgot my other.
TimberTalker, working his magic.

Todays catch.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got to meet up with Bowman and put some traps out. He is good guy and a workhorse too when it comes to packing the beavers back out. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got to meet up with Bowman and put some traps out. He is good guy and a workhorse too when it comes to packing the beavers back out. :thumb:

I'm a good workhorse for about 100 yards any further and you would have been carrying me and the beavers.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
That looks like a pogo (fender washer driver) in the back of the truck. I thought maybe TT was using fender washers to anchor his snares.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do those fender washers hold good with snares?
Trapper, The pogo system works great. I use 2in washers with 20in of 3/32 cable everywhere even though it is over kill in most places. I have almost exclusively started using pogos on everything this year, much easier and lighter to carry around. Most of the time I use an extension cable on my snares if there is anything to tie off to however I do use pogos sometimes if I don't have enough extensions made up. They work good on snares also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts