Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this question on the Big Game thread but not sure where I should post it....so here goes again to anyone who might know. I have found fresh bear tracks where I plan to try and call predators in the next few days and was just wondering if a black bear will come in to a predator call ? :eek:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Bears are just as much predators as Coyotes, etc. Yes, they will come to a call. They will often stalk in like a cat and not make very much noise. I have had one come to my call and start it's warning snap from a few dozen yards away.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bears are just as much predators as Coyotes, etc. Yes, they will come to a call. They will often stalk in like a cat and not make very much noise. I have had one come to my call and start it's warning snap from a few dozen yards away.
:eek: Need to know how you re-acted to it ? How'd you make it go away ?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
It acted just like everyother animal coming to distress. It circled downwind and got a whiff. It then decided I wasn't food. :up:

If you ever hear the jaw snap from a bear, you will remember it.:biggrin: It is amazing how big these things can be and still not be seen or heard. Even in relatively light brush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.