Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just showed me 2 pictures from his game cam of a large bear. The pictures were taken not far from McNab on 5/3/08 at 3 am. The pictures were very clear, no doubt what it was. Thought that was pretty cool!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Cool deal. I saw a dead bear on 67/167 just south of Searcy about 3 weeks ago. It was a cinnamon colored black bear, and it was no mistaking it for a dog. Even the wife noticed it and said it was a bear. She usually doubts every thing I say.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bears have been seen a number of times in the last four or five years around Lake Greeson, but I have not heard of any as far south as McNab. I did hear of an unconfirmed report near Pond Creek a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Cool deal. I saw a dead bear on 67/167 just south of Searcy about 3 weeks ago. It was a cinnamon colored black bear, and it was no mistaking it for a dog. Even the wife noticed it and said it was a bear. She usually doubts every thing I say.
My daughter and I saw that and were not sure if it was a bear or not. There is not a dog on this planet as large as that was. I thought maybe if it was not a bear, that it may have been a calf.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
My daughter and I saw that and were not sure if it was a bear or not. There is not a dog on this planet as large as that was. I thought maybe if it was not a bear, that it may have been a calf.
Good to know we weren't the only two that saw it. It was not a calf, and with that fur on it, it was not a dog. My father in-law almost hit a bear last summer about 15 miles from where the dead one was. I have a cousin whose kid worked over here at Greystone in summer of 2006. Aski him about the bear he saw about 3 times a week in the morning hours. I have seen bear tracks in Holland Bottoms, and there used to be a bear that would cross Hwy 89 in the early 80's before K-Mart was built. My late father saw him several times cross the road between Ray Chevrolet and where K-Mart is now.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Hudge
Right where you saw it, if you look on the East side of the freeway, that is my deer hunting grounds. The owners have been telling me for years that there was a bear in there but I have seen no sign of it. Unfortunately that is not in a bear zone.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Hudge
Right where you saw it, if you look on the East side of the freeway, that is my deer hunting grounds. The owners have been telling me for years that there was a bear in there but I have seen no sign of it. Unfortunately that is not in a bear zone.
I'll take you word for it, and don't worry about me trespassing and shooting your deer, I couldn't remember exactly where it's at if I had too.:biggrin: The older I get, the more forgetful I am. I just remember seeing it between Searcy and Beebe. I hunt up in Greenbriar, but if the gas keeps going up, I'll be hunting more around Cabot. I've got a small place I can bowhunt on the edge of town, and if we sale our house and buy the land we want, I'll hunt it.

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,314 Posts
We saw a couple of bears in Gurdon on our deer lease. They ruined 2 of our tripod corn feeders....ripped the motors right off!

Thats pretty close to SW Ark

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I will confirm the fact that there is at least 1 bear in SW AR. My hunt club is between Hope and Patmos and we definitely have a bear running around. The dang thing has destroyed at least 4 of our tripod feeders (tore the motors off and they are around 4 1/2 feet off the ground). Plus, we have seen some bear scat. I used to see a bunch of it when I lived in the mountains of NE TN so I definitely know what it looks like. We don't have cameras out right now to possibly get a picture and quite honestly, we probably won't put any out until we are closer to deer season. We've already lost enough in feeder motors, no need in having to worry about having to replace a $150 game camera as well. :smack:

·
Registered
419 Posts
We have a deer lease down in Hermitage, south of Warren, in Bradley County and last year my uncle saw a bear during the opening week of deer season. He said he could hear something following him and moving around in the bushes and he said it came in about 10 or 15 yards away from his stand. No bear season down there or he probably would have killed the thing. He said it made him nervous because it was walking straight for his tree but it stopped and left. I wouldn't think they were down that way but I believe otherwise now!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.