Arkansas Hunting banner
381 - 400 of 473 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,493 Posts
My friends that are hunting my place have 2 that are making appearances between 630-930 the last 4 mornings. Both are medium sized. Hope they get em and good luck to all of you.
I know you posted last year about them killing one or at least hunting them. You don’t have any interest in it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well my Muddy cams still aren't sending any pics, so I won't have any choice but to go swap out the sd cards in my regular cams this evening or in the morning.

I bought a couple of Tactacams and will be replacing the Muddys.

Current plan is that if there is no activity still, to do a honey/bacon burn and hang out at camp until a big monster shows up on the new cameras. Wait until it leaves, and sneak out to the stand.

Weather forecast shows wind out of the South at 10-15 mph, which will be perfect. It'll blow that sent all across the valley and up to the next mountain. It's also a perfect wind direction for my stand/barrel setup. Fingers crossed.
Make sure you put in a U3 rated SD card, it could cause issues if it’s U1.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I know you posted last year about them killing one or at least hunting them. You don’t have any interest in it?
I will probably try it next year. My work is so unpredictable I didnt want to do all the baiting then get called in and not get to hunt. Ive told them next year Im slowing way down and my wife retired this year and she wants to try it as well and she can bait if Im tied up. They terrorize my place and Ill get after them just to reduce the population. I really dont like them.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Plant Tree Grass Trunk Tints and shades

Planned on getting to the bait about 2:30. Bears have never been here before 5. I park the truck and this joker is already here.
No problem, I’ll wait for him to leave. 15 minutes after the last picture I started to sneak in. Grabbed the compound in case I run into him on the trail.
About 100 yards out there is a spot where you can look down on the bait across the draw. He’s laying down beside the barrel sleeping.
So here I sit, 100 yards from a dang big bear with no way to close enough distance without either being upwind or crossing a canyon. I’m just off of one of the bear trails and if he heads uphill I’ll have him at 15 yards with a good wind.

·
Registered
706 Posts
View attachment 373022
Planned on getting to the bait about 2:30. Bears have never been here before 5. I park the truck and this joker is already here.
No problem, I’ll wait for him to leave. 15 minutes after the last picture I started to sneak in. Grabbed the compound in case I run into him on the trail.
About 100 yards out there is a spot where you can look down on the bait across the draw. He’s laying down beside the barrel sleeping.
So here I sit, 100 yards from a dang big bear with no way to close enough distance without either being upwind or crossing a canyon. I’m just off of one of the bear trails and if he heads uphill I’ll have him at 15 yards with a good wind.
That’s a nice bear!! Good luck! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
View attachment 373022
How did you know he was there cell Camera?

·
Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner<br>201
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
Sat this eve with no luck waiting on Candace’s bear
Checked the camera and that bear has been at that bait every morning 8-10
So we are slipping in first light till noon
My giant showed back up last light tonight and stayed an hour
I’m slipping in like a ninja about 3pm tomorrow and sitting till I cannot see

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Question for all you bear hunters. Why is bear season held so early? It's hot as hell this time of year. Y'all sweatin your tail ends off and then if you are successful you are under the clock to process that bear. Just a curiosity question.

381 - 400 of 473 Posts