Arkansas Hunting banner

Bear hit by car on Hwy 60

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Selfbow 
#1 ·
A friend emailed me some pics today of a bear hit by a car on Hwy 60 West of Perryville in the past few days. Does anyone know where on Hwy 60 the car hit the bear?

#3 ·
Hey thanks for the info. Our camp is just east of Aplin. Sounds like the bear was killed west of our lease. Thought the bear might be one of the ones we caught on several of our trail cams last fall. But there again this one's a little small compared the ones we have pics of:wink: .

#4 ·
Hey thanks for the info. Our camp is just east of Aplin. Sounds like the bear was killed west of our lease. Thought the bear might be one of the ones we caught on several of our trail cams last fall. But there again this one's a little small compared the ones we have pics of:wink: .
I live on 60 and my land backs up to a Deltic Lease, and I have hundreds of pictures of bears on my game cameras...some big and some small.... I believe this was just a mile or two past the junstion of hwy 155 and 60west.

#5 ·
Our lease starts just east of Aplin and runs along the Casa-Aplin Expressway over to almost Hwy 10. Most of our bear pics from last fall were from two areas right in the middle of our lease. I had such a problem with crazy things last fall that I gave up trying to keep corn in my tube feeders. They would empty a corn feeder in 24 hours, and then get mad and rip it off the tree. All of my tube feeders have teeth holes in them now.

It will be interesting to see if they come back this year, since Deltic cut down about 75% of the trees in these two areas.

#6 ·
It was run over about 3 miles west of Aplin. When you get out of town and come into a big pasture on your left with the steep timbered hill on the right. There is a house at the end of the field, next to the highway and on the bank of the Fourche. Ms. Wilma Growns used to live there years ago. That's where it was killed. The guy in the picture in the back of the Game & Fish truck holding the bear is Kenny Howard, who works for the AHTD in Perryville. He lives another 3-4 miles west toward Nimrod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.