Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,043 Posts
Very important note: 10 hp limit on motors. If it's larger than 10 hp, you have to disable the motor---remove prop, take tank out, take spark plug out, or things of that nature. When you take those things off, they must be left in the truck. You are VERY likely to get checked for this. Can't even use your motor (if greater than 10 hp) to load your boat.

I caught a few bass there earlier this year, first time I've fished it in years. From what I hear, bream fishing is really heating up, and that lake has some giant redears. Can't verify it, but I "heard" of a guy that caught a bunch of redears last weekend on small black beetles up in the coves.

Maybe Maggiesmaster will chime in with some tips.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Fullcredit's right about the hp limit. I've seen several people get tickets--wardens don't play.
Bream aren't on the beds, but shellcrackers are red hot. Take a 12' pole, crickets, and fish about sculling paddle deep close to the bank. Be really quiet--scull if you can. Fish in the coves mostly, but stay on the move 'til you find them. A fellow cabin owner bought 900 crickets Last Sat. and, fishing by himself,ran out of bait Monday. They were all big, but he only kept his limit--threw the rest back.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yes giant red ears are all around the docks and in the coves, I wore them and the bream out although the bream are not on beds. I just use a micro spin cast with red worms. Caught way more than everyone else using crickets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.