Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time now I have been getting bear pictures over my bait which was soured corn...I quit baiting them up about a month ago because of high prices on gas and corn.However I have started baiting them back up with soured corn and it is not working.I know that the acorns are starting to fall and it is hard to compete with acorns..I was just wondering if any knew of some good bear bait maybe to persuade them to come back??

·
Registered
883 Posts
For a long time now I have been getting bear pictures over my bait which was soured corn...I quit baiting them up about a month ago because of high prices on gas and corn.However I have started baiting them back up with soured corn and it is not working.I know that the acorns are starting to fall and it is hard to compete with acorns..I was just wondering if any knew of some good bear bait maybe to persuade them to come back??
You know there is a baiting restriction on bears??? Not sure if a month was in that time frame or not. Of course I dont know your location either just check up on the regs

It may be to late if you've seen alot of acorns they usually leave our bait for acorns pretty quick. You might try switching locations, or just get between them and the food source. :up:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
My buddy has successfully baited up several bears and he said that he can't keep the bears at the bait after the acorns start to fall. He has tried everything. So each year he pours the bait to them and hopes to get one with his bow before the acorns start falling. He said that it was like a "race against the clock".

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
My buddy has successfully baited up several bears and he said that he can't keep the bears at the bait after the acorns start to fall. He has tried everything. So each year he pours the bait to them and hopes to get one with his bow before the acorns start falling. He said that it was like a "race against the clock".
My buddy's place get some bears, and that's been their general experience. They've kinda given up on baiting specifically for bears anymore, but they did luck into one last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.