Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new beagle pup. she is 4 months old and I am looking to train her to trail deer. I haven't had her that long and she if full of pup. At what age do you start with beagles runnng deer. I have tried some of a deer liver to get her excited but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. Ditto on getting her excited on the deer leg I saved. I am kinda stumped. How do you get a dog on deer?

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,183 Posts
The best thing to do in my opinion is take her with some started deer dogs. She might be a little young to start right now especially by herself.In a couple of months should start going good if you take her out every week or so.:biggrin:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I started mine at 8 months with one of my older beagles that has been running for 5 years.It took about 3-4 times out before they really figured out what to do but by the time deer season was over they were jumping and running deer without the help of the older dogs.These pups are only about 14 months old now and I think by next season they will be top notch.GOOD LUCK!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts