BBQ Rotisserie Project

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by firehog, Apr 24, 2020.

1. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member Sponsor

Anthony and crew will make good use of that! He sent me some pics yesterday. As an ex ag teacher and a Mentor for Anthony, I want you to know that I appreciate what you are doing for the FFA.

2. firehog

firehog Well-Known Member

Man I appreciate that Sir, those two agri teachers are awesome, great guys, and great teachers. Dedicated to helping students learn real-world life skills that will stick with them for a lifetime, I promise. Did you ever know my Agri teacher Raph Chesier? He's retired know back probably 8 years now but he comes by the station all the time he lives down the road from station but I tell him still all the time the things I learned from him I still apply some 40 years later. Agri teachers are just that one area that's special in my book to students. You need all the rest of the education but agri and learning life skills will stick with you for life. Electrical wiring, growing gardens, welding deer stands, wood work, balancing a budget, seed recognition, Roberts Rules of holding a meeting, cooking BBQ, you name it.

Luv2hunt, Festus and Remington like this.

3. firehog

Got the brisket on and some wings as appetizer, I picked up another couple good looking racks of ribs just for another rainy day. Speaking of rain days like this really test a cooker out. The roof I built so far has really kept my cooking chamber right. Cold rain will certainly cool your temps down and sometime rapidly with wind. All the elements I’m dealing with today. I went with a mustard slather on the brisket and just went Texas style basic in large grain Pepper and salt . Many cooks have all these rubs and injections that cover the meat and smoke flavor I like to just keep it simple and let the taste buds eat true BBQ. It’s like a good steak you don’t eat a good steak with steak sauce you want to taste the meat, period.

81F7FE66-E071-4ED1-B5A5-C687BAF20D23.jpeg DE9E3988-CAA3-4053-B368-A023CE88A7CF.jpeg 2245C9BE-0527-4201-A672-CAFBB5758971.jpeg

4. firehog

@JB Weld you might as well come on over I got a cold beverage

JB Weld and Remington like this.
  5. firehog

Your so right, the FFA has burnt one motor up by one getting dislodged. That’s the only thing I worry about on this one.

6. Hivernan

Hivernan Well-Known Member

Be warned: JB will try to trade you an old 3wheeler for the rotisserie.

Onetrakd, orangefeetdown and JB Weld like this.
  7. Hivernan

Hivernan Well-Known Member

Be warned: JB will try to trade you an old 3wheeler for the rotisserie.

firehog likes this.
  8. firehog

Oh really, maybe if we combined what I got still of old three wheelers we might could make a decent one. But I ain't trading no sir. lol

JB Weld likes this.
  9. firehog

Starting to get a real nice bark. So far it’s handled the weather . I’m able to control my temp pretty good. With this being originally homemade my door does not seal air tight and yes that bothers me but many seal just real good. I may look at putting a seal around but in the summer it want be a real big problem. I think it only leaks on certain direction winds once the door is close the stacks seem to pull a nice blue draft.

JB Weld likes this.
  10. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Ravenden
  11. firehog

He said I never invited him but I know I did somewhere on here.

Remington likes this.
  12. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Find the post and quote it. I looked and never could find it. You invited JB, but I don’t think my name was ever mentioned. I even offered to come and put a whoopin on your lib neighbor for just a few bites off the new smoker.

JB Weld, firehog and Remington like this.
  13. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Ravenden
    Share manna with mere peasants and commoners???

Surely you jest

14. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    I know. I’m a peon compared to him in his mind evidently. Trying to make himself sound better referencing this phantom invite that is nowhere to be found...

firehog and Remington like this.
  15. firehog

I know I invited everyone here to stop by, I thought I tagged you but you know how these Basement IT hackers are around here they might of deleted it just being spiteful.

orangefeetdown and Remington like this.
  16. firehog

Well MIL was impressed with the grill, we cooked ribs Saturday and ribeyes to go along with the brisket. Next big cook will be 4th of July.

D8542D64-7B0D-4814-9076-7C9A97763664.jpeg E91AB7D0-854C-4DAC-BFC5-05FE0F19B39B.jpeg

JB Weld likes this.
  17. firehog

On long night cooks I like to go a tizer just to snack on. I usually break out my own homemade pickles with some cheese and either sausage, wings or bacon wrapped deer. On this cook I did wings. Nothing fancy just large cracked black pepper and sea salt over pecan wood and charcoal. Followed with a cold beer.

F08EB3CA-B312-4B46-BF82-93DACA8121B3.jpeg 2FA26DBA-CBA8-4DC1-AE85-996081718F6B.jpeg

JB Weld likes this.
  18. firehog

Today Agri had a small cook of 40 thick cut pork steaks for a retirement lunch. They borrowed another cooker due to us working on my fire box door. We reconfigured new hinges and hopefully this will solve the problem I encountered over the weekend. The problem was the door seized up and trying to shut it back I bent one hinge. We went with a larger hinge that’s been used on several other cookers with no problems.

9E854879-A9DE-4222-ACD5-5E2D9D05F72F.jpeg

JB Weld likes this.
  19. Koyote

Koyote Well-Known Member

Don't know if you compete or where your from but grant co does a BBQ cook off in October if your interested. They have some pretty good cooks from what I heard and you seem to love smoking so I just wanted to mention it. Pretty awesome smoker btw!

20. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

This makes no sense to me. Yet, makes perfect sense.

orangefeetdown likes this.