Bayou Meto!!!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by derk8586, Dec 15, 2010.

1. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

just for fun how many people are going to be at the Metro this weekend???:whistle:

2. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Why would someone want to fight the crowd?

3. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere around 1000 people will be there every day from now till the end of season.

4. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

5. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I might be there a day or two...:whistle:

6. derk8586

to kill spome in the timber i guess. I hvent hunted timber all year.

7. derk8586

ive got quite a few buddies been hunting over there that been smashin greenheads everyday. just dont know if its worth fighting all the people, and if ill be able to get away from the people enough to kill some birds.

8. chadburgess2003

chadburgess2003 Well-Known Member

i went there saturday morning and there was over 100 trucks there at the 2nd turnaround.

9. sunny b

sunny b Well-Known Member

why would you tell any of that....even if it were true, guess you hate killing em.....i have been hunting it everyday...what VERY little water there is....if you like to work your butt off ok, i was soaking wet from head to toe on the 18* morning....:smack: there are not that many ducks and even less water for all the hundreds of hunters there, my brothere and his bunch killed 10 today with a large group...that aint that great, and they are VERY good duck hunters..... the ducks that are there are shot so hard they are litterally impsossible to work...it is NUTS...SERIOUSLY....if my camp werent there i wouldnt be this is NO BS, straight truth, i'm sure the Legend can concur....it has fallen 3" in last couple of days too, Bro. got stuck putting his boat in today if that validates the water level......:head: GOOD LUCK....:up:

10. derk8586

man, i dont know. im sure its a mad house over there. my buddies been boating in and killin em good this year, if you can get away from people. one group of my buddies killed 12 mallard limits this morning. im sure the ducks are getting shy by now but where else is there to hunt flooded timber and kill some greenheads right now. thats why everyone is there. i just have people sending me pics everyday fromm there with greenheads piled up. its no secret over there, theres nothing anyone can say or do to keep people out of that place. but you're not the first person to tell me the water is dropping out. by saturday alot of peoples holes may be dry it sounds like. i dont know where im going, i hate that place everytime i go there because of the people and all the green pants out in the woods with you. good luck. thanks for the info.:up:

11. chadburgess2003

chadburgess2003 Well-Known Member

I'm not going for sure not going to fight people at 4 in the morning just not worth it I have hard enough time fighting ppl down there bow hunting. The wardens I talked to sat morning said 90% of the ducks have been woodys.... I wouldn't waste my time def with the water fallin out. I know me and one of my friends went to tiptons last Monday and the water was up just enough to put in so we went back down there Friday night and no water at all. So that hole u was hunting last weekend mmmm yeah might of been tha last time for ya less we get more rain. Just sayin.

12. swamppimp

swamppimp Well-Known Member

Listen dont post thay there killing ducks anywhere. The rule is no ducks and no water.

13. 9oclockflytime

9oclockflytime Well-Known Member

And that folks is the gospel.....

14. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Me and my crew will be there....You can count on it. :skeptical:

15. bubbaduck

bubbaduck Well-Known Member

16. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

there will be 14 of us there this weekend

17. J. Adams

J. Adams Well-Known Member

27-30 of us if all the father son teams show up, we are all hunting together, "the thunder rolls"...sight to see and hear when we go to blastin