Arkansas Hunting banner
281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
You got that right. I can remember going in to parts of it with my Father and seeing maybe; maybe two other groups all day long. It was possible to get away from others.

The OOSER's and I was one before I came back home, run the ditches and hunt the shot. I wish they would shut down the camping areas. It's not fair to Arkansans but it would cut down on the OOSER's.
Maybe. Or, it might actually put another hotel in Stuttgart into play, OR some enterprising guy at Lodge's Corner would build a private campground.

On another note, I wonder if AGFC would let a food truck set up down there on weekends... I'm guessing no, simply due to trash alone, but I know a couple people who would do it.

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
I bet if you got rescued from an injury and taken out by helicopter, you would have a ticket waiting by your bed. For not being off the water on time....
I actually know a guy that moved a rattlesnake off a hiking trail with a long stick, during the process he ended up getting bit and required a trip to the hospital....
Wardens showed up and ticketed him for harassing wildlife....

·
Registered
30,694 Posts
Maybe. Or, it might actually put another hotel in Stuttgart into play, OR some enterprising guy at Lodge's Corner would build a private campground.

On another note, I wonder if AGFC would let a food truck set up down there on weekends... I'm guessing no, simply due to trash alone, but I know a couple people who would do it.
I want to say I remember someone trying it or talking about trying it in years past and G&F shut it down before it ever really got going. I may be misremembering and that policy may have changed now, I’m not sure.

·
Premium Member
23,118 Posts
I actually know a guy that moved a rattlesnake off a hiking trail with a long stick, during the process he ended up getting bit and required a trip to the hospital....
I would say it was @Punkinseed but I know he ain’t doing no hiking

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Again with all due respect and I may be different but I game plan my Duck hunts in Bayou Meto from when to come in, to plan A , B and C to how soon it is going to take me to get out. By 10:00 AM If still there, I am already thinking about my exit route. By 10:30 AM, I am checking my watch like a Baptist trying to be first in line at the Sunday Chinese Lunch Buffett.

Off subject but after hunting that place on and off since 2007, there is no reason to be in line at 4:00 am. Pretty much everywhere you go in there, someone is going to come it and set up near you 15 minutes before legal. In those instances where you do get away from everyone, the next day three Boats will be set up on top of you and they will tell you they have hunted the area for years except they are all too young to have hunted it for years.
Some of my best spots are walking distance from the launch

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I want to say I remember someone trying it or talking about trying it in years past and G&F shut it down before it ever really got going. I may be misremembering and that policy may have changed now, I’m not sure.
I wouldn't think trash would be the problem seeing how plenty of toilet paper all around those boat ramps from folks getting that urge. Lol

·
Registered
925 Posts
I figured.

Used to joke with a friend of mine that I wanted to buy a pontoon, camo it out and put a cook shack on it, then anchor it out on the Cache at Black Swamp. Go off the main launch...Float Road would be better, but you'd have to come all the way down from upriver anyway...and set up in the channel...let the smell start rolling downriver...

We did take a stove a couple times on low water years where we could get to dry ground and stand while cooking on the deck of the boat...pretty cool thing to be cooking breakfast and calling ducks in.

·
Registered
808 Posts
That would be the one time I'd go to jail for assault on a LEO. I'd poke at least one of those MFers in the eye with my used IV.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Do y'all remember back in the 90's/Early 00's when that little old lady would boat around and sell biscuits, Cokes, and sometimes coffee. Had a whistle to let hunters know she was around.

If I recall G&F shut her down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a story somewhat similar to Blake’s. Not at the metro, and I’ve never gotten a ticket for anything before. I’m not going to even share the details because I don’t want the GW to somehow hear about this, or have any reason to even remember me, but it was similar in that “technically” I was guilty, but literally everyone who has heard the story has said “you have got to be kidding me”. It is beyond ridiculous and was before season even started.

The main issue I had wasn’t even the absurdity of it. It was that there were 2 GW present. Last year one of the same GW’s talked to us, in the exact same situation, was totally cool, never said anything was wrong, even gave us some tips with what we were doing.

This year I guess he was with his superior. He stood right there and let boss man tell us that we were wrong, lecture us, etc… and never said a word or spoke up that he told us to do just what we were doing. I didn’t call him out or say a word, not wanting to throw him under the bus and cause any future animosity.

I just paid the fine (he made a big deal that it was no points) and hope to never see them again.

281 - 294 of 294 Posts