·
Premium Member
17,590 Posts

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
1,819 Posts
A. How did they have your phone number?

B. You know to be off at Noon. I worrry and frett over getting out late in the Bayou Meto Zoo.

C. You already had five Ducks. You were blessed as it was in the Zoo.

D. My son shot at a crow in December on land where shooting is not allowed near Lake Ouachita and just happened to pepper a Game Warden who was investigating something else. He was guilty. I had no sympathy for him. He went back to college in another State. His trial date was in March of the next year.

Come trial time, he did the wise thing and skipped the trial in Hot Springs and went to Panama City Beach with his Sigma Chi Brothers. Then July rolled around and he wanted to come for the Summer to which I replied: " Okay Hoss but bring $1,700.00 with you. There is a warrant for your arrest. ". He brought his savings with him and went to see the Judge. He learned that if he had shown up for court, they were going to let him off and that he had lost two years of hunting rights.

Said son then let almost a year roll by and decided to appeal. A hearing was set and he
decided to just take his medicine and move on. The AGFC informed since he appealed and backed out, his suspension would start from the date of the hearing. Thus, he cannot hunt until March 2023. Guess what? AR has an agreement with OK, TX, LA and MS among others. He cannot hunt in those states either.

My point with all this is you're guilty. You knew to be off at Noon. You knew game wardens in Bayou Meto are tough. If you challenge them and loose, they are going to make an example of you. (If the Judge you see is in Arkansas County or Jefferson County, his or her mind may already be made up. If I understand in my son's case----far more egregious than yours----The person in the Enforcement Division told him the Judge in Hot Springs was the deciding factor on his license suspension and there was no way out if it---I am not a Lawyer, not sure about that.)

I am sorry it happened to you and I am sure 99% of the time you follow the letter and spirit of the law. Don't sweat the small stuff. Move on.

I am no fan of what the AGFC is doing with regards to Duck Hunting in AR. It is WRONG. There is no way 6 Ducks and 60 days is justified and they have RUINED some magnificent tracts of Green Timber but on day to day things, we all know the rules.

·
Registered
The Sword of the Spirit
1,819 Posts
Technically yea. Your suppose to have nav lights and use spot light occasionally on all nav waters. Running light bars or a spot light full time up and down the river like we’ve done our entire life hunting is illegal.
So a Nav light is verboten but running a Mud Motor that sounds like a Huey Helicopter and destroys 70 year old cover is fine? Who are the geniuses making these law's?

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
We sure can. But don’t you be calling after noon. I really look forward to hunting ducks with time limits. I gotta be honest though. I ain’t got any flat billed caps, nothing from Mack’s, no salt life stickers, my sunglasses are cheap.
That's a violation.
Section 2, page 4
Entering Bayou Meto without standard equipment. $150 Fine

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Here is an "Official" public release of them forwarding the money from fines to the school systems in 2021.

And interesting, all this talk (almost exclusively found in the waterfowl community it seems) of the "Man" hammering the folks left and right, lets do some math on the deal, they forwarded $769,000 in fines this last fiscal year, lets divide that by number of counties, 75, so on average each county had $10,613 in fines issued this past year, all year long. Now, the average fine handed out is $125, so that translates into 85 tickets being issued all year, for all violations, hunting, fishing, boating and any other area. That would mean just 7 tickets on the average,, and again, just 7 tickets per month on average are given out even considering all the contacts that are made thru that time. Heck, that is just slightly just over 1 hardcopy being handed out per week on the average!!!!!

Guess if a fellow happens to be one (or in a group of users who averages to get most of these) of the just over 1 per week winners of a hardcopy handed out, then I guess the terms "Getting Hammered" would be valid, but looking on the deal as a whole, in truth, the amount of tickets they hand out based on total population of the state (and include OOS users too) and the amount of folks performing activities they regulate, don't really amount to a pimple of a bulls butt!

·
Premium Member
Commish Weld
22,333 Posts
Here is an "Official" public release of them forwarding the money from fines to the school systems in 2021.

And interesting, all this talk (almost exclusively found in the waterfowl community it seems) of the "Man" hammering the folks left and right, lets do some math on the deal, they forwarded $769,000 in fines this last fiscal year, lets divide that by number of counties, 75, so on average each county had $10,613 in fines issued this past year, all year long. Now, the average fine handed out is $125, so that translates into 85 tickets being issued all year, for all violations, hunting, fishing, boating and any other area. That would mean just 7 tickets on the average,, and again, just 7 tickets per month on average are given out even considering all the contacts that are made thru that time. Heck, that is just slightly just over 1 hardcopy being handed out per week on the average!!!!!

Guess if a fellow happens to be one (or in a group of users who averages to get most of these) of the just over 1 per week winners of a hardcopy handed out, then I guess the terms "Getting Hammered" would be valid, but looking on the deal as a whole, in truth, the amount of tickets they hand out based on total population of the state (and include OOS users too) and the amount of folks performing activities they regulate, don't really amount to a pimple of a bulls butt!
Tie Gesture Collar Entertainment Music

·
Registered
14,661 Posts

Hairstyle Arm Facial expression Human Fashion

·
Registered
117 Posts
So a Nav light is verboten but running a Mud Motor that sounds like a Huey Helicopter and destroys 70 year old cover is fine? Who are the geniuses making these law's?
The nav light / light bar issue is only on Corps lakes and Arkansas river. Basically navigable waterways and federal waterways. It’s been in the regs for years. They are just now enforcing it heavily. If on a gtr or wma/state owned land, light bars are legal.

221 - 240 of 294 Posts