Bayou Meto Water

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Ole Stumpy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ole Stumpy

Ole Stumpy Well-Known Member

Was thinking bout taking my boy down for a midweek hunt this week, just seeing what the water situation was doing?

2. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Very low this past weekend and not many ducks. You would be better off staying up here in NWA and hunting the AR River or Frog Bayou. Even the White around Blue Springs or parts of Beaver would be better IMO.

3. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Plenty of water in BM. Been killing lots of ducks, just have to know where the water is right now

4. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

I agree that there is plenty of water in spots. I was on the outside of the management area on private ground. Not much water there and few ducks. Other spots I am sure are fine.

Being that he is up here in NWA I still think he would be better off hunting Frog or the river. Wont be anyone out there during the week and it will save him 3 hours of driving.

5. Pgunn1013

Pgunn1013 Well-Known Member

Not sure you can even get down the road right now... images.jpg

6. We are in the first split and waterfowl season is not in It comes back in next weekend May wanna check the reg book before you go

7. Passthrough

You are right with that point. Thats a long drive to go searching for holes...

8. Passthrough

HAHA. yeah, I didnt even pick up on that part of his post. Defintly dont want to be doing any hunting this week

9. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

Conway
    Some of the people giving advice on reopen dates may need to take a closer look themselves.......

10. ducdoc

ducdoc Well-Known Member

Amateurs - - When the season is closed the wardens stay home -:smack:

Just put a dog box in the back of the truck and leave an empty box of .22 shells on the bumper just in case someone drives by the ramp. Then leave your decoys when you come out --:thumb:

11. Haha that will be the start of the weekend for me

12. bhunts

bhunts Well-Known Member

Bayou Meto squirrel hunt in Lowers last weekend.....

334926211_1b703a638f.jpg

13. Passthrough

Well great..way to give out the location for all the squirrells. Now every squirrell hunter in Arkansas will be down there. Can't you wait until the week that the season is closed to post these pictures. :biggrin:

14. Ankledeep

Ankledeep Well-Known Member

:clap:

15. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

Are those squirrels or chipmunks? :biggrin:

16. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

hen killer

17. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

I hunted bm last week... Went in hunting ducks, left with a limit of squirrels... Nothing else lol

18. Ole Stumpy

Ole Stumpy Well-Known Member

I think I know that guy...

Lowers?

Or

Uppers?

:head:

19. Water= not much

Ducks= got water u got ducks