Bayou Meto, the new Black River

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by greenhead smackdown, Dec 23, 2012.

1. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

Group of 9 guys setup in a hole at 4:30am. Random group of 12 guys shows up at shooting hours and tells the other guys to kick rocks and that they are hunting there. To top it off, the 12 guys setup 16 robos. So now they have 21 guys with 16 robos. Not sure how I would have reacted when the 12 guys rolled in at daylight

2. riverbum410

riverbum410 Well-Known Member

Was the group of 9 sleeping in the hole but claiming to have run it mintues before from a boat with a motor as cold as a well diggers .......... ?

3. Now you know why banning the guides was wrong.

4. greenhead smackdown

Nope. Were in the boat race and got in there.

Funny thing is that not only do the guys like to treat it like private land by thinking they can show up at shooting hours and join others. They know they can't kill ducks without using 16 robos. Probably could have laughed them out of the hole.

5. nick_0652

nick_0652 Well-Known Member

Odd situation had one almost exactly the same... But some a holes showed up and threatened to kick my buddies butt cause he beat them to a hole.....

6. Who hunted the hole? Both groups?

7. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Greenhead we still oughta hunt together sometime. But why did y'all let them hunt with your group? You didn't tell them to move along?

8. Arki

Arki Well-Known Member

Public land..... What are you going to do beat the up?..... Welcome to the modern duck hunter.

9. nick_0652

nick_0652 Well-Known Member

It was a bad deal some people are a little on the crazy side

10. I'da kicked something, wouldn't have been rocks though

11. Deer2011

Deer2011 Well-Known Member

Hollywood, it sounds like these guys ran into the group of guys I told you about a while back.
    "The Blue Line Butt Pirates(or Bandits, can't remember what they call themselves).

Anyway, they cruise through the woods with their bows and spinners looking for victims.

12. greenhead smackdown

I was not there, as it was my friend's brother. But not sure what you would really be able to do about it

13. getemshug

getemshug Well-Known Member

I've heard of a couple groups around BM doing that before. Seems like one of them had a "leader" who is well known. He felt they could just roll up wherever and hunt....

14. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Account Suspended

It's still amazing to me, and it always will be, that someone could see a light, and STILL go to the hole and tell someone they're hunting on top of them. Just completely amazed, I wouldn't do that for anything. (Funny, and folks call me scum cause I wouldn't be willing to tell someone where I was killing ducks?)

Here's what you do. You make sure you have a white undershirt on. All 9 of your strip down to your white undershirt, and spend till 9am picking up your decoys.

15. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Stumpy I love your solution! Also make sure you're kill switch is turned off for about an hour so your boat motor won't start no matter what! Then you can miraculously remember that and then start the motor

16. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Just tell them how good they look in their waders and how your "partner" has a pair just like that....Then ask them if they wanna huddle for warmth.

17. mach316

mach316 Well-Known Member

I would sit there and blow my speck call all morning.

18. Kinda sounds like a guy that could have been in the group that invites themselves to hunt the hole

19. I'll cut em a little slack. I've got a few holes in hurricane that if someone were in, they'd be leaving, one way or another, regardless of what time I got showed up.

20. bigZ

bigZ Well-Known Member

Regardless of the situation.... How in gods green earth do u fit 21 guys and 16 robos in one hole in bayou meto..... Like seriously how big was this "hole" lol