Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gee thanks Possum.

Ozark, what do you know about the hydraulic ones? I looked at one the other day that had a hydraulic pump that was turned by the tractors PTO with lines running to each gearbox. I thought it looked like it may have been an old Hwy. Dept. rig. Price was right on it, but it was missing the gear box that went between the tractor and the mower pump that increased the PTO speed. Just was not really sure what I would be getting into with that one, and was kinda scared of it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here is the information for the one in Oppelo.

15ft
$3350
501-658-2863

It looks like it has been leaking a little around the center gear box and less around the other two gear boxes. It has a brace welded that goes to the wheels on the back.

That is what I noticed when I stopped to get the number. If you need/want more information you will have to give them a call.

I hope this proves to be helpful.

Chad

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sorry it took a while to reply. I never been around a hyd. mower, but if you have the tractor horsepower to pull it, they are closer to being trouble free. You can get in over your head buying ones with missing parts. The AHTD uses them in other districts. Talking from experience, avoid a used highway dept. mower because right-of-way mowing is extremely hard on one,plus a lot of inexperienced operators. You will need at least a 50-70 hp tractor, the more the better. Any way i can help, let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.