Basspro Shop

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by sam, Feb 1, 2008.

1. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

If they ever get the one in LR I'll be excited.:razz:

Would really like to see a cabela's in Arkansas.

2. map

map Guest

if they put a bass pro in littlerock maybe they will have better service
    than the one in memphis, but i want get my hopes up
    map

3. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

If the Bass Pro planned for LR is anything like the one in Memphis (or Detroit), then I don't care too much about having it - big disappointment.

4. ryanh_johnson

ryanh_johnson Well-Known Member

X2!! :thumb:

5. the bass pro in Nashville,Tn stinks. I wish we had a Cabelas

6. firehog

firehog Well-Known Member

I am guessing if they go forward with this deal, I figure BP would go all out like they do at Springfield. Its a awesome set up in my opinion being there by the river and all the highway traffic. I read plans they had back two years ago and it really sounded like they wanted to put a lot into it.

7. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

try the one in garland tx, it sucks. I hope they go all out in Ar, am sure they will. I like the cabelas stores though a lot more than BP.

8. Bruin

Bruin Well-Known Member

Pi$$ on Bass Pro!

We need more Mom and Pop stores, and less corporate stores with automated phone line's and zero customer service!

Give me a place like Ft. Thompsons, or A-1 Pawn in Russellville any day over the huge mega-stores.

Bass Pro can kiss my grits!

9. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

A Bass Pro Shops would be convienent in LR. That way I could go and look around. Not having enough money to buy anything.:twocents:

10. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

+1:biggrin:
    cabela's would still get my business

11. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Bass Pro, or Cabela's either one. They would still be a hell of a lot better than Wal-Mart!

12. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    Ive been to BPS stores in Springfield, Memphis, Dallas, Grapevine, Katy, and Oklahoma City and I liked every one of em. I hope they still plan to build one in LR. Ill sure do some of my shopping there.

Im all for doing business with locally owned stores but they dont always have what youre looking for.

And I only go in Ft. Thompson if I cant find it anyplace else.

13. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I would like to see a Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabelas here in C. Arkansas myself.

14. map

map Guest

Bass Pro is still kicking the pyrmid around, I fear if they get the deal done and move there employees will not be able to find the store, and the ones that do will be lost for 10-12 years. Its a sad sight to go into that place and see that people that don't know anything can get a job. But with any luck you will get one in Littlerock.
    map

15. During the '80's I and frineds would drive from Fayetteville to Springfield to ooh and ahh at the BPS there. I'd then return to buy locally. I know that local shops are usually more expensive than the big stores, but it's worth something to me.

Tommy

16. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

You must not have delt with BP any. I have always been able to get right to a person when I called them. And almost every time it was a sourthern woman that understood hunting and sounded like she loved her job. Never had one problem with them. I can't say the same for some of the local guys though. :smack: You must not have done much shopping with Ft. T if you think that highly of them. :smack: To each his own though.

And I agree with you FB! :thumb:

17. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Ft. Thompson

I went to Ft. Thompson's on Saturday. This was the second time since they moved. I must say, they must be reading this board. They were a lot nicer than ever before. I had 4 different people ask me if I need help, and three of them were at the gun counter.

18. Bruin

Bruin Well-Known Member

Ive always been treated well there. The prices are kind of high, but the customer service is worth something.
    Try to get some help at Gander Mountain!:eek:

19. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Wow!!!:eek: Something must have happend then cus that sure isn't the norm!