Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a room with my partner at Lighthouse Point Resort, pre-fishing Wed/Thu tournament Fri/Sat

19# won the Cystic Fibrosis tourney this past weekend ... It will take 35# to win this Bass Cat OI I imagine.

I'll be taking a 1999 A-18W aluminum Bass Cat - not many of those around. 1999 Mercury 115 hp and with 2 guys and gear, probably 50 mph tops.

With 500 boats expected, I'll be the trashy one that's ugly over on the corner :biggrin:

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my uncle can catch fish ... the goal is only 5 keepers each day - if we luck out and hook a good fish or two to anchor the limits .... who knows ? I've had a couple of 18-20 pound 5 fish limits before

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea I'm fishing it but I hope you guys are guessing the weights a little high but maybe not. I went up there and fished two Saturday's in a row but the wind tried to blow me off the lake! I caught some but didn't do that great. 17.77 lbs won the cystic and he said he caught em on a wiggle wart. He was the only one saying he caught em on a crankbait. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
showers in the forcecast for Friday now - everyone loves motoring down a lake and rain spattering them in the face !

SE winds 8-10 mph ..... with that front moving through on Friday, it might be a tougher tourney than some expect.

I heard 19 pounds won the Cystic ... ??? Either way, there will be fish caught on spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, plastics, crankbaits ..... you name it, some people will have fish on buzzbaits I imagine and jig and frog. Some people will swear the fish are 3' deep, others will catch them 15-20'

me? I'll take the draw boat and be happy and walk away :biggrin:

if you me in the A18 aluminum holler .... aint pretty, but it fishes

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like I'm going to be a week late for the OI...... purchasing a Sabre next week......
I've been boatless for a year and a half and its been tough!!! Needless to say I'm excited.... will post pics of my new Kitty when I get her home!

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We had a fantastic trip .... caught probably 75 bass on friday, 50 Saturday. ... 5 smallmouth for 10.79 on Friday and 5 smallmouth for 11.46 on Saturday ... 22.15 I think was our total. Nice for small, won't beat largemouth though ...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.