Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about taking a camping trip to either Blanchard or Gunners Pool this Spring. Would like to go trout fishing. Need suggestions on some places I can fish from the bank on the White and be away from the crowds.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
If you are going to camp at Blanchard there is a nice lake (Mirror Lake) that offers pretty good bank fishing for trout. There are several places you can bank fish on the White River, but I would recommend a boat for a better trip.

A lot of people trout fish the White around the boat ramps. There is a ramp at Allison and a fair place at Boswell Shoals. You should be able to find these places on a map.

You may find it helpful to call the Chamber-of Commerce in Mtn. View at 870-269-8068. They will send maps an such free for the asking. You can also get free information from the ARG&F, about trout fishing. :thumb:

·
Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
21,541 Posts
I think there is a big catch and release only area right there where Sylamore dumps into the White - watch the rules/regs in those areas.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,524 Posts
Check with the game and fish and see when they will be releasing trout and where. Then be at the release point at the correct time :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts