Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum. Just curious who all has been wearing banded redone waders and how there holding up?, and who has the insulated vs the uninsulated?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I have the insulated ones. Love love love them. Super comfortable, warm, and light weight. I ordered mine online last year and when fedex delivered them. I looked at the driver like these are my waders?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I bought a pair of the insulated today. And they are by far the most comfortable waders I've ever put on. They don't really even feel like waders. Like OFD said I'm hoping for the best on longevity.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Bought a pair of the insulated the other day as well. The guy told me not to try them on unless i was planning to buy. He was right. Its like wearing bibs. Easy to put on, easy to move in, and super comfortable. They have gotten good reviews the past couple years, so as long as they hold up, I will probably never go back to neoprene.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you think the uninsulated waders are warm enough for the entire season? I just got a pair of the uninsulated ones on sale for $160 shipped. I think if I layer underneath them once it's gets really cold that I'll be fine. So far they seem awesome. They're like wearing a pair of bibs!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I bought a pair two years ago I think and they were awesome. I swear I could play basketball in them. Poorly albeit. Anyway, they lasted a whole 3 hunts and started coming apart where the boot meets the material. Ft. Thompson took them back no questions asked said nearly every pair they'd sold had been returned. Dad knows a guy on the banded "pro staff" haha that said they knew about the defect and would be fixed in the next year model. Maybe yes, maybe no. Too much to spend again on the word of a pro staffer. Sorry for the negativity, but that's what happened.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ive looked at them but passed. I had a guy tell me that if you wade water a lot the insulated ones catch a lot of water and will flat wear your but out if you have to go very far.

second hand knowledge so take it with a grain of salt but after I tried on a pair I could see what he was talking about.

·
Registered
31,131 Posts
I bought a pair two years ago I think and they were awesome. I swear I could play basketball in them. Poorly albeit. Anyway, they lasted a whole 3 hunts and started coming apart where the boot meets the material. Ft. Thompson took them back no questions asked said nearly every pair they'd sold had been returned. Dad knows a guy on the banded "pro staff" haha that said they knew about the defect and would be fixed in the next year model. Maybe yes, maybe no. Too much to spend again on the word of a pro staffer. Sorry for the negativity, but that's what happened.
I sure hope they get em fixed, because I had to warrantee a pair of the fort thompsons and paid the difference, so I'm SOL if this pair starts leaking in the middle of season.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I bought a pair of uninsulated too. Was wanting the waist highs but they couldn't get them at the store I got them from. Been wearing Mack's breathables for about 5 years and loved them. These waders seem more comfortable and the boot seems like it will be better for walking in... Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome thanks for the replys! Just Can't decide between the insulated or uninsulated. Gotta pair of macks neoprene waders I wore last season that are stil good to go but I like the comfort and how easy you can move in the breathables. Guys hat have the insulated are they too hot for 40-50 degree weather?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Awesome thanks for the replys! Just Can't decide between the insulated or uninsulated. Gotta pair of macks neoprene waders I wore last season that are stil good to go but I like the comfort and how easy you can move in the breathables. Guys hat have the insulated are they too hot for 40-50 degree weather?
From what I hear from the people that have the insulated they are bad hot... That's why I got the UNinsulated

·
Registered
31,131 Posts
Worst case, I figure you could wear a pair of light weight wicking material type bottoms (I guess almost like a "fishing pant" kind of material) and go for it if they're that hot.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I returned last yrs pair and the boot guy at macks said they had reinforced the area were mine leaked. That being said they are awesome and I will be getting another pair but they were out of them at the store. They said to order online. Mine leaked just a bit but nothing like the other leaky brands

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.