Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about heading up there with my squirrel dogs tomorrow. From what I can see from the AGFC web site and the site for the area there are no special regs for small game other than the permit that's required and is free from what I can see. Does anyone have any experience squirrel hunting with/without dogs there? Any areas better than others? Or is Henry Gray/Hurricane Lake WMA a better choice. I have never set foot on either area. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BK that would be great. I was looking at the "Sweet 16" permit. Its a little confusing im not sure if I need one of those to hunt small game on Hurricane or not. Do you have any idea about that? Thanks. PM any time

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
You need s sweet 16 permit for the specific area to do any hunting activity on a WMA in the Sweet 16 deal. Also on the NWR also need a user permit for it. Don't know about Bald Knob but on Cache River NWR all you are allowed to use is either a rifle or non-toxic shot in a shotgun.

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
If you use the ramp here lock everything down,some jack has been taking things that don't belong to them recently.
They've been doing it for longer than recently. Had stuff stolen out of my truck 4-5 years ago when I was hunting in that general area. Obviously not necessarily the same person, but I would be willing to bet that they know each other anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.