Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the bag limit 1 or 2 turkeys for zone 5A?

This is what the AGFC website says. Regulation page

The bag limit for the spring season will be two legal turkeys in zones 1, 2, 3, 4B, 5, 5B, 6, 7, 7A, 8, 9, 10 and 17 and a single legal turkey in zones 1A, 4, 4A, 5A and 9A. Hunters will not be able to harvest more than one per legal turkey per day and no more than one jake. Hunters will also be restricted to no more than two total turkeys per season.

But then it says on another page
Season date page
Zones 1A, 4, 4A, 5A and 9A April 12-25, 2008 Limit 2
No more than one
legal turkey per day

So is it 1 or 2? :confused:
I'm not saying that I will get a shot at 2 this season but if I did I don't want to be in the wrong for killing over the bag limit.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just went to the AGFC website & clicked on the spring turkey huntin book & I can't see anywhere in there where it says you can take 2 turkeys in 5A. I'm not saying your book doesn't say that but the one on their website says only 1. I know it's always been just 1 turkey in the past & I hope it stays that way because turkey #'s are still too low along the ridge where I hunt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's knda confusin. But I will agree with you that the # of turkeys is still pretty low along the ridge. I'm starting to see more each year though so I hope that continues on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts