Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,042 Posts
As long as the WMA has a different zone number, the answer is yes. You cannot kill more than two bucks total, regardless of the zone though. Zone hopping to get your limit of deer is permitted.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I believe you could kill up to whatever that WMA's limit is up until you reach a total of 6 deer between the two if the WMA also permits three deer. Never more than two bucks total statewide or more than six deer. (Unless urban or DMAP applies)

·
Premium Member
29,747 Posts
I have some land in zone 14 that backs up to Pond Cr that is zone 532. Zone 14 allows a total of four deer (no more than two bucks) - I can step across the boundary line and kill two more deer standing 2 feet off my property to total the statewide allowable limit of 6 deer. I have never agreed with that - I know they want to keep track of what is being killed on the wma's/NWR's - but my opinion is - the bag limit should be applied to the state zone that completely surrounds that area even though you report the kill in the specific wma or nwr.:up:

·
Premium Member
29,747 Posts
"Statewide Bag Limit
Six deer, of which no more than two may be bucks. The statewide seasonal bag limit may be taken in any combination of zones or methods, as long as zone bag limits are not exceeded."

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
No. You only would have to kill 2 deer on one that allows 2 or 1 in two diff zones that allows 1. On top of your 4 original zone deer.
I think you are correct, at least that's how I read it. I'm just repeating what some GW from agfc said. I'm sure if you called three different people at agfc, you would get three different answers.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
No. You only would have to kill 2 deer on one that allows 2 or 1 in two diff zones that allows 1. On top of your 4 original zone deer.
You are correct. I regularly deer hunt two different zones in two different counties plus a WMA(all three areas are 4 deer bag limits). I can shoot up to 4 deer in each zone, as long as I do not shoot more than 6 total and no more than 2 bucks total.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.