Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a gun I have been looking for , a Browning A-Bolt II Micro Medallion, in .308 , on GunBroker.com Friday night. The auction was due to end last night at 6:30 p.m. I told my wife to get ready, cause I was buying it. I began to bid, and got pat the reserve price at 650.00. Others began to bid on it, and I got past all of them .... EXCEPT ONE ..... some yahoo named mother 1 ( with no prior purchases ) started bidding against me. Oh man, was I ever ticked... I mean P.O. ed. I was getting all excited and angry. I wanted to go find this person and beat the crap out of him.:censored:

Well I finally gave up when the price got to $ 815.00, with no end in sight. I let this mother 1 have the mint condition gun , in the box. I felt like tossing my cookies, and was venting, when my wife came and told me that she was mother 1 :eek: . She wanted to buy the gun for me, so she found gunbroker.com and logged on , and started bidding.

I was bidding against against my own WIFE, and didn't know it. Why she decided to buy it for me, and do it by bidding against me, I have no earthly idea...... but I do know it cost us an extra 120 + dollars to get the gun...:smack: :smack:

I love her for wanting to do something nice for me, but O.M.G. please..... why would my own wife do that to me , and cost us the extra money :confused: And then she also came and told me I owe her big time..... What the Hel*??

Oh well, at least I am getting the gun.

And there is another one on there now, in .243, but it is not near as nice.

I cannot wait for it to get here...

MichaelT.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know if I would have told that one brother..lol. :razz:
Brother, I know what you are saying, but if I can't laugh at myself on this one then I have no sense of humor.......

I mean it is STUPID and SAD, but it is one heck of a funny story that we will be telling our grandkids years from now.......

I still just cannot believe she did that...:smack:

MET

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I betcha she knew she was bidding against you! :smack:
Oh yea, thats the rub.... she knew I was bidding on it. I had told her I was gonna bid it up one way or the other because I was gonna own that gun. Then she decided she wanted to buy it for me as a gift, so she went to her computer and went to the site. She made a quick profile, and started bidding. If I walked by, she would minimize the screen and have her e-mail up. I had no idea, but she was hearing me rant about the sorry sucker trying to take the gun I wanted, and she was eating it up..... I know cause she told me, AFTER THE FACT !!

MET

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
What a hoot!! Things like that rarely happen, & I know it cost you a lot extra, but what a story to tell for years to come!! Congrats on gettin yer gun!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
THAT is a hoot, really... Thanks for sharing the tale.

She should be... disciplined... :rolleyes:

Congrats on your wifey loving you so much and enjoy the rifle! :thumb:

Tommy

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Michael, you just gotta love a woman like that! You're a lucky man, what's another $120.00 or so, when you got such a great storty to tell?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Thats funny!!!!!!!!!!

But you better not be mad ..............it's rare to have a wife that would do that............she must really love you:wink: :razz: :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Man when I get done laughing.......... I'll feel sorry for the extra $$$$ it cost ya!!!

But dude.... that's a hell of a wife!!!!

$120 is a small price to pay to know how much your wife loves you. And to know she actually gives two hoots about the exact things that she knows you want, and to then go and seek it out for ya !!! Man to me that is priceless!!!!

And a great story to boot!!!! Of course you can now not EVER sell that rifle!!! Not ever... not even for a kidney transplant!!! That gun has to stay!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats funny!!!!!!!!!!

But you better not be mad ..............it's rare to have a wife that would do that............she must really love you:wink: :razz: :biggrin:
Nooooo, I'm not mad..... I was a little confused when she owned up to it...... I was falbbergasted, afterward when I thought about the extra $$$ and why she would bid against ME ....... and I was amused when it was all said and done, and we had a good laugh about it all. Thats why I said I have to be able to laugh at myself and the situation, or I have no sense of humor at all. And it wound up being a total of 130.00 extra. :smack: :biggrin:

MET

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Nooooo, I'm not mad..... I was a little confused when she owned up to it...... I was falbbergasted, afterward when I thought about the extra $$$ and why she would bid against ME ....... and I was amused when it was all said and done, and we had a good laugh about it all. Thats why I said I have to be able to laugh at myself and the situation, or I have no sense of humor at all. And it wound up being a total of 130.00 extra.

MET
I can't believe this is what the post is about:smack: I mentioned to my wife about a new pair of RedWing Ropers I saw on ebay...said I thought I might like to get some like that for my birthday. Just to see what she'd say...well, she acted totally zone out, and didn't even give me a saecond look....well, I watched that pair of boots several days, and folks just kept on bidding on them, and the price was kinda goin up....well, in the last 5 minutes I decided to shoot a bid in with no time left for anybody else to top it. Bear in mind, I'm in my office on my laptop...well, I watched as the seconds ticked by and at the last possible moment I bid $29.00..and the sale went out! I came into the living room elated that I'd got a pair of high priced boots for barely a fraction of their cost., but afraid I'd be in trouble for using her paypal:eek: :frown: So I sat there for a while, and she was just sitting there lookin at the TV, and I decided to just lay it out there!! "Honey", I began...."remember that pair of RedWing Ropers I saw on ebay?"...she flashed a glare in my direction, and I blurted it out "I bid on them and won the bidding"! She said a bad word and added it to my name, and in my mind I could hear it coming...something like: "I told you not to spend any more money on my paypal account".....but this is what she said...."I just got off ebay, and thought I lost the bid"!! I just about fell over laughing then....how many times did you bid? I asked her...".I had them won nearly for $20.50" she stated, and then we both started laughing. That's what I call spending quality time with the wife:fit: :fit:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I got the rifle and it is sweet. I found i small mark on the butt stock, and other than that the gun looks new. I gotta say, she did me right this time....... I hope there will be another time in the future, but I am not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts