Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I’m in the stand not seeing anything. So I’m bored and hungry is why I started this thread. Me myself I love bacon. It makes everything better. ESPECIALLY Wrights bacon. It’s just expensive. Pick your poison! What say you?!!!
Omg I had Wright's bacon once bc it was on sale and I wish I had never tried it, it was that good! Haven't bought it again bc it is expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I don't know about the gravy thing. I won't even bother to make gravy unless the flour is browned in bacon grease

Actually bacon is so good that I keep the grease that's left over and add it to other foods

You don't hide bacon in gravy, in a burrito, or in syrup. Someone said it's better as a stand alone. Exactly. It's almost always served all by itself.

Sausage is good but it ain't even close to bacon.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Bacon is so good you can add it to the most boring sandwich on the planet -- lettuce and tomato on white bread -- and it becomes The BLT. One of the most iconic and perfect sandwiches ever.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Tried petit jean bacon last week and was not impressed. But whoever decided to put bacon with lettuce and tomato was an culinary genius. I like bacon by itself but for most everything else I’ll go sausage. And the bacon better be soft to lightly crisp. If it turns to dust I’m out.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Y’all ever tried the thick cut great value bacon? Sometimes they cut them almost 1/4” thick! My pops got me on it this summer at the lake. It’s cheaper than wrights and as good or better.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts