Back Order on Bullets

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Sylamore, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

I have ordered some Hornady 30 cal bullets and they have been on back order from Cabela's for over 60 days. So I sent them an e-mail and ask what the status was on my order. Now they tell me they will be on "Back Order" until December 26th. What's up with Hornady and Cabela's?
    I am not hurting for hunting ammo, but I like to do some extra shooting to stay ready for the shot that counts. Anybody else having trouble getting reloading supplies? :thumb:

2. Retooferab

Retooferab Well-Known Member

I use grafs, midwayusa, Natchez shooters supply, and Mid South Shooters and I've gotten everything that I wanted so far.

3. r6487

r6487 Well-Known Member

take a look at www.powdervalleyinc.com and see if the grain weight you want is in stock. at least they have a column showing in stock or out.

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    This time of the year the popular bullets are harder to come by. I have a few boxes of Hornady .308's on the shelf is I can help out and have what you need.

5. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Obama did it :biggrin:

6. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

Winchester brass for a 7mm-08 is on backorder from 2 different place until February. I bought a couple of hundred RP the other day instead.

7. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

I am trying to use up accumulated points from Cabela's. That is the reason I did not go to other business sources. I probably have enough to get by this hunting season. I got into a bottom drawer and found a box that had 55, .308 bullets in it. I'll get them loaded. If not I'll go to my .35 Rem.

Thanks for the offers to help.

Sort of has me wondering why Cabela's is unable to retail Hornady Bullets during the prime season and a three month wait during the hunting/shooting season. I ask this question to one of Cabela's sales rep on the phone and sort of got a lame duck reply. :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. Ekspurt

Ekspurt Well-Known Member

This is why I bought 1,000 7mm bullets last year. When I get down to around 500 it's time to buy another 1,000.

9. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

Buckhorn I seen federal win rem all once fired last week for 22.00 a 100. I order some 243 87 v max from hornaday for almost 2 months. They said by mid Dec. And they will be shipped.

10. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

Midsouthshootersupply.com also tells you whether their reloading components are in stock or on back order before you place the order. Midwayusa.com also does this, but Midsouth usually has better prices.

11. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

Where did you see them? Thanks,

12. You may wish to check these folks, in the link below.
    See "Rifle Bullets", then "Hornady"
    Their AMAX bullets are very good IMHO, in both 168 and 178 gr. :cool:

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

HTH a bit,
    Tommy

13. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

Buckhorn it was oncefiredbrass.com I looked and it was gone.