Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody!! sure is good to be back. we had an amazing trip. it is a long ways out there. some real pretty country, kinda like hunting on the moon! not much timber where we were. the folks we stayed with were super nice folks, but they talked funny. they said the same of us.

i got an antelope doe on tuesday. these are real curious animals, tasty too!! we wound up killing four antelope. MO HUNTER and myself both got does, and his buddy had a doe and a buck tag and filled them both.

MO HUNTER got a 3x3 muley, i will get some pics up later of it. he missed a couple more, alot bigger. it is tough hunting out there, not much to hide behind. the way the get you, is bedding with their back to the wind where they cant see, and looking in the direction they cant smell!!!

I got this buck on wed. shot him at 0930 that morning, and put my hands on him at 530 that evening. hit him a little back due to a 35 mph wind. missed a second shot when he bolted from his bed. then trailed him 1.5 miles by tracks, and a drop of blood every 40 or 50 yards. i called upon everything i had been taught about trailing deer. luckily, he stayed on a game trail, and i knew it went to a pond. found him there, bedded on the levee, half in and half out of the water. i started the final stalk, which would bring me up behind the levee, for the final shot. just as i pop over the levee, MO HUNTER comes running down the levee telling me i am sorry, he got away. said he crossed the road and was gone. i almost died..... i was sick to my guts.... then he starts grinning, and tells me he must have smelld me coming, and tried to swim across the pond, and didnt make it! i was pumped!!! i had finally gotten the muley i had wanted since childhood!! he wasnt the biggest, but with a bow, and my first muley, he is a trophy for sure. the grin cannot be slapped from my face. more pics later, BG12

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Man...you got a trophy of a lifetime right there BG! Don't sell him short on size....I'm bumpin 60 and still haven't taken a muley....the kicker would be that purty velvet; should look very nice on the wall/shoulder mounted! Congrats:clap::up:

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
Yall forgot to pick me up on your way through Springfield! :smack:

Great looking muley!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.