Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, It's a lil stormy up this way!
Florida was good, took a nice Osceola saturday afternoon about 3pm, 17.5lbs, 10.5" beard, 1 and 3/8 super sharp spurs. Then got another one Sunday about 10am that was 16.5lbs, 9" beard and 1" spurs, it was a great time, good oranges and warm temps!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Awesome! The spur pic was a little fuzzy but I could still tell them things look deadly :eek: I used to live in Ft Lauderdale and occasionally when I had to travel up north I'd see some birds around Palm Beach Co and around Orlando. Gainesville area seemed like a turkey heaven also.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! It was a great way to start it off, I spent Fri/sat/sun in Louisiana but they beat me up pretty bad, long hours in the woods and not a heck of a lot going on, seems like it'll be just a bit before they get cranked up good, Ark season may hit perfect.
Im headed to Texas thursday night to chase Rios for a few days!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
J. Adams,

Sounds like FL was a blast. Those are some nice hooks on that 1st turkey (I wouldn't want him getting a hold of me with those needles!!!)

I just got off the phone with my friend & brother, who are ending a 3 day hunt in Alabama, & they struck out. He said they have heard very little gobbling. Had a few close calls, but couldn't seal the deal. AL & MS always seem to be hit or miss because it is usually early and the turkeys are seldom very vocal. I always look at it as a tune-up for the rest of the season and hopefully a time to work all the kinks out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts