Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my little girl, 10 y/o, went hunting Sat. morning. We heard three birds gobbling on the roost. I was told that there was a particular box stand on a gas line on our lease where a gobbler had been seen struting in the late morning. So I decided we should go get in the stand and see what happened. Well, my little girl went right to sleep. I didnt want to disturb her since all the gobbing had ceased, so we just set there. At about 0835 a turkey gobbled close to our position. I woke her up and got her ready. I yelped and the turkey answered right back. It took him about ten minutes to make his way out, but he didnt come out where I thought he would. He came out right in front of the stand. Oh, by the way this is almost and ground blind, its only about 2 feet off the ground. I had a hen and jake decoy set out. The jake was 9 steps from the stand. The gobbler walked right past the hen and right up to the jake. I guess he was fixin to wope some tail. Anyway my little girl shot and down he went. He weighed 20 pounds, 9 3/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. I thought a pretty nice bird for a first time hunter. My heart was pounding so hard I was shaking so badly I couldn't hardly get out of the stand. What a morning!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,488 Posts
I sure hope ya got some pics of that adventure! One these days my old eyes are gonna play out and I'd like to fill them plumb up with pictures, so I won't get tarred of remembering them all!:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.