ATV salvage yard

Discussion in 'ATV's and Motorcycles' started by idewild, Sep 3, 2017.

1. idewild

idewild Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a fuel pump for a 2008 Polaris Sportsman HO. The cheapest I can find one online is over $400. Anyone know of a place in central Arkansas I could find one cheap?

2. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

What's size is your Polaris

3. I was looking for a salvage yard a while ago, but I never found a local one (Little Rock area). You might find a Tradin Post on a Polaris forum (where there is a boneyard). Keep looking, you will find what you are looking for.

4. I am told there is a place I think near Oak Grove that has a bunch of stolen ATV's in a "salvage yard". Guy I was talking to mentioned the owner as "catfish". That's all I know. Thought I'd pass that along.

5. claytonsdad

claytonsdad Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I've been looking for a Polaris Ranger with a bad power train but decent plastics for 3 years and haven't had any luck. There are 3 or 4 listed in Arkansas that show up on Google. You might try that. Use parts for ATVs and SBSs are hard to come by. I asked you of the guys at a supposed salvage yard why that was. His response was that people just keep fixing them. Don't know if that's true or not, but it would seem to be a good business opportunity for someone.

6. idewild

idewild Well-Known Member

It's an 08 Sportsman 500. I actually found the fuel pump parts I needed but I'm now looking for the front rack

7. mlw1969

mlw1969 Well-Known Member

I dont know what part of the state your in but You might try some of the local rice farmers because they seem to like Polaris SBS for some reason they get a few years out of them before they are junk.They are several sitting around some of our local farms in NEA.

8. claytonsdad

If you know where any Polaris sbs are sitting, please PM me and I'll check them out. Thanks.

9. mlw1969

mlw1969 Well-Known Member

I've got a buddy that works on these rigs all the time.I'll l talk to him an see what's around for you.

10. claytonsdad

Thanks! Mine is a 2003, which makes it hard because they redesigned them in 2005, and they weren't that popular back then to begin with. :(

11. Try Bud's ATV in Texarkana 870-772-2643. They have a lot of parts bikes.