ATTN: ALL TURKEY HUNTERS, come support Thompson & the NWTF

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by biggobs, Jan 3, 2011.

1. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

If you guys have enjoyed Thompson keeping you informed about turkey information come show your support this Saturday evening when he is honored to receive this years Arkansas NWTF Volunteer of the Year at the Arkansas NWTF Volunteer Appreciation Dinner (and banquet).

It will be your 1st chance to see all of the NWTF's merchandise for the upcoming years banquets and normally it's a lightly attended event so odds are very good for those who show up.

Like I said Thompson will be receiving the volunteer of the year award & we would love for everyone that gets on the turkey hunting forum to show up. Harts Seafood from Conway will be catering the meal & the cost is only $20 per person. You can go to www.nwtf.org/arkansas to get the location & any other information regarding the event. Doors open at 6pm.

Hope to see you all there,

Biggobs

2. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

I plan on trying to attend if nothing arises between now and then that prohibits me from it. Congrats again to Thompson!!!

3. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Is Juice going?

4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Not going to make it down to LR, but congrats Thompson!

5. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

The wife and I will be there. pre-ordered the tickets last week.

6. Hooked Spurs

Not sure. I was going to see if he wanted too. If he refuses little bro may just have to put a knot on his head!! :biggrin:

7. 7 point

I'd like to meet some of y'all at the banquet this weekend. Is there a way we could all meet?

8. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Is there still seating available? The wife said she would go with me.

9. biggobs

Tony, yes there are still tickets available. You can go to www.nwtf.org/arkansas & click on the link. Look forward to seeing you there.

biggobs

10. biggobs

It will be easy to meet as there won't be a huge crowd. I will just have Jason or whoever is on the mic announce it sometime for any of the ARhunting.net members to meet in a corner or something. I am also one of the NWTF Arkansas state board members & my name is Brent Jones.

I will be the bald, tall, dark & handsome guy you see there..........just kidding, you can ask HookedSpurs about me. I am bald but not too tall & what you would call more Husky wouldn't you say HookedSpurs (leave off the sarcasim). HookedSpurs did use to always call me the "Brahama Bull" when we played ball all of our lives but my Momma actually came up with that one!

11. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    I'm going to be real nice here and just leave that one alone....

12. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Dude, you gotta learn to just stop talking sometimes.

:skeptical:

13. REM870

REM870 Account Suspended

Wish it ws in february, cant not go chase the waterfowl this weekend. Wish i could make it.

14. Hooked Spurs

Naaawh, him talk too much?!!! Say it ain't so. "Momma said......" :fit:

BDW, got to admit it is always entertaining though.

15. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Biggobs is still mad because "D" borrowed his shirt and Momma had to wash it.

16. 7 point

Ok sounds good see y'all there

17. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Momma says alligators are onry, because they've got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

:skeptical:

18. Hooked Spurs

"Momma says happiness comes from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin' blue"

Just kidding you, my "husky" friend.

19. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

Will try my best to make it to the dinner.
    Thanks for the invite.

20. biggobs

See you there John M

Look forward to meeting you there JohnM & all the other members here that can make it. Tony, I hope you make it as well.

Juice you are right, that was a good Perryville Mustang shirt. You know I still wear them to this day they are just a little tighter than they were 17-18 years ago....you know what I mean!