Assault rifles getting pulled off shelves

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by ARhunter24, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ARhunter24

ARhunter24 Well-Known Member

Conway
    Have no idea how much of this is true but buddy of mine that works at dicks sporting goods just said that corporate called and said to take assault rifles and clips off the shelves.. Hope this isn't the case but he was sure about it!

2. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

they are being pulled off the shelves by customers. record sales over the weekend. reports of AR's on back order

3. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

wish I had an extra few grand to pick up some more.

4. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

My wife just called me and told me the same thing.

5. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Okay. If a retailer decides not to sell a particular item, is that really such a bad thing. If they decide that based on thier own feelings and beliefs, I applaud them for that. If they are doing it to bow to pressure, then it is a problem.

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    They will take their $800 AR's that have been sitting on the shelves for the last few months and put them in the back room for a month or so. Then when "Corporate" decides it's OK to sell them they will hit the shelves at $1500 and people will be standing in line to buy them.

Dicks may be playing this better than the guys that are now out of stock of $800 rifles.

7. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

This! There are lots of people who stand to make great deal of money if they get banned. Even if they threaten to get banned.

8. sdefoor

sdefoor Well-Known Member

I was at Dicks this evening and all AR's are pulled along with the mags. I spoke with a manager there i know and they wouldn't even allow him to purchase one.

9. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Walmart also removed them from online sales.

10. bgkv77

bgkv77 Well-Known Member

My opinion which could be right could be wrong. The big box stores pay less for each gun than do gun shops simply because of the bulk. The box stores pull the guns to get good pr, the manufacturer buys them back to pass along to the gun stores for more profit, gun stores are able to meet the demand right now. Everybody wins.

With that said this is the most serious threat to "assault rifles" yet so this panic buying may be a smart move. Sure wish I had the money to buy a few. I may never have the freedom to own an AR again without ridiculous permits and collector prices. That is a real shame.

11. jack03111969

jack03111969 Well-Known Member

a few bad apples spoil the whole basket......................its ashame only in america....................

12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    People are "panic buying" right now and prices are soaring. When the chosen one got elected in '08 people panic bought, prices soared and a few months later when the credit card bills started rolling in people were trying to unload the AR's that they paid twice the price for. Prices dropped back to pre-election prices and shelves were stocked again. Up until last week, AR's were still available for $700 brand new.

Within the last month we have discussed on this board that if people were interested in AR's or mags they needed to stock up. You can see where some are today. I hate it for the ones that will now pay a premium but you can't say you weren't warned.