Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a black bears typical reaction to being hit with an arrow ? Maybe somebody can help me out with this. Say I'm up in a stand about 10 feet and I am shooting at a target that's 10 yards away. How would I aim ? A little high or low or right at the sweet spot. I need the arrow to penetrate both lungs ... :head:

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you are 10 feet of the ground and the bear is 10 yards away, I would aim right behind the sholder. The trick to it is to aim for the spot on the other side that you want your arrow to exit.

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
I have only shot one with an arrow, but he did not seem to like it very much:up:
The one I shot let out a growel and spun around like it was trying to bit what ever got it and then ran off. They can move really fast.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm no expert and have never killed a bear with a bow, but I have a good friend who arrowed one in Maine a few years back from a tree stand. He aimed a little back from the shoulder and scored with a lung shot from about fifteen yards. His arrow achieved full penetration and he says the bear was more surprised than hurt or angry. It ran off full speed for about 100 yards and then laid down and died.

I have no idea if this is usual; it's just a story about my friend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.