Arrow rest suggestions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Passthrough, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

I'm thinking of scrapping my whisker biscuit for a drop away arrow rest. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like one that is good but doesn't break the bank. Have any of you tried the Apache drop away rest? I would appreciate any advice since there seem to be tons to choose from. Thanks. In advance.

2. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Just put one on my bow and it seems like it's going to work out pretty good....no complaints to this point. :up:

3. My favorites in order. Limbdriver, Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and G5 Expert (at least that's what they used to call it).

4. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

It really depends on how much you want to spend and what style. Probally the most popular are the full capture type the rip cord and ultra rest. If your looking for one that dosent attach to your cables I would recomend a limbdriver. Me personally I shoot a g5 no contact with the shelf, and I have no clearance issues. Also trophy ridge makes the dropzone rest that drops verticaly no shelf contact either.

5. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

I'm running a QAD and I really like it, and for around $50 (I think thats what I payed) I think its hard to beat

6. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

me too. Love my QAD

7. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

i'll save carbonelement some time and give the ripcord code red some love

8. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

I'm using the Rip Cord Code Red as well and have no complaints. If I do get a new one I'm wanting one that doesn't let down the arrow shaft if I let down the bow string.

9. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I really like my trophy taker.

10. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Quad HD here!All in what you like in a rest.

11. san1kris

san1kris Well-Known Member

I also went from a whisker biscit to a nap apache tightened my group and doesn't ruin my fletchings, and its cheap.

12. Passthrough

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will check these out and see what I like best.

13. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

What kind of bow do you shoot?

14. Passthrough

PSE X Force Vendetta

15. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

Ripcord red zone or qad would be fine. If you want to keep your setup light weight shy away from the apache.

16. :fit: :fit: :fit: thanks Nuge, I appreciate the time saver, haha.

17. totalcomfort

totalcomfort Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner

Another vote for the limbdriver.Easy to set up and works very well

18. have you put any thought into the limb activated arrow rest? On some bows it takes care of some timing issues. Plus they are EXTREMELY easy to set up. Its just a thought. If you are going with a cable activated arrow rest I still stick with the Rip Cord Code Red as NugeFan said I would :fit:

19. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

While we're putting votes out there, I throw one in for the Trophy Ridge DropZone.

20. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

my ripcord is absolutely amazing! love it never had a single complaint