ArkansasHuntingNet Golf Tourney

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JR1, Jan 25, 2008.

1. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wonder how many of us could get together some Saturday and have a little 4 man scramble? It would be nice to meet each other face to face and who among us doesn't enjoy a little rivalry and competition?

I'm thinking somewhere centrally located like Jacksonville or Little Rock. Or there are some great courses up here in the NW.

How many of you would be up for driving a little ways for a blind draw scramble?

2. wildhog62

wildhog62 Well-Known Member

I'm in, if it's on a Saturday, and not too far, and warm

3. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

I would if I had clubs and a bag with balls and $100 to blow and I wasnt on call on a Sat and its warm :biggrin: ...

4. Doebuck

Doebuck Well-Known Member

Sounds like an idea..

5. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Count me in.
    I don't mind being some team's dead weight.

6. Hillbillyhunter

Hillbillyhunter Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner

7. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

camden
    browning_gold_12,bg12'sdad, arkie3fan, and d2 will take on any of ya!!!:thumb: BG12

8. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

i would go if i am here. i could be some teams "d" player :smack:

9. monsterman

monsterman Well-Known Member

me and sleepyluke if its on a weekend im home monsterman

10. Arkie_3_fan

Dang BG, you sure don't mind putting a load on your pop's back do ya? :eek:

11. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well allrighty then....let's plan this thing in a few more weeks when it warms up a little. I'm thinking mid to late march would be good. Once April arrives, I'm in the woods every Sat. after the birds.

Anybody got a suggestion on location and course? Looking at the responses, it would have to be somewhere in central to southcentral AR to be reasonably close to everyone.

I think a blind draw for 3 or 4 man teams would be the fairest thing to do.

I haven't asked, but Freddie might even give the winning team a "custom user title" to appear under their name on the board for a while. Maybe ARHuntingNet Hacker of the Year!

12. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

Count me and Bow4me in.

13. Arkie_3_fan

Hindman, Burns Park, Stonelinks and Pine Valley in LR/NLR wouldn't be bad choices.
    There's also Harbor Oaks and Goat Ranch, I mean Jaycees in PB.

14. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

you got that right keenan. look at them, scared already, wanting to draw for teams. they must know bout me!!!!!!:biggrin: BG12:razz:

dangit, bps12 is logged in:smack: he aint no good at golf, dont be scared of him, fear BG12:cool:

15. monsterman

monsterman Well-Known Member

well up here we got mtn ranch, tannenbaum, and lost creek in heber springs if it aint to far they are all really nice courses monsterman

16. Arkie_3_fan

Lost Creek is a pretty neat course. I got to play it last May during our Church's men's retreat.
    Getting to see the nesting bald eagle was pretty cool too.

17. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

Any sponsers for hole prizes?

Pine valley or hickory creek would be cheaper and pretty much the center of the state..

Tannenbaum is awesome!

Lost creek is not bad.

We would need a minimum of 60 players to shut down most courses on a weekend.

18. Arkie_3_fan

Where is Hickory Creek? That's one that I'm not too familar with.
    I figure we're looking at anywhere from 15 - 30 people showing up for this deal so shutting down a course probably isn't going to happen unless someone can really pull some strings.

19. sleepyluke

sleepyluke Well-Known Member

Most are not going to shut down the course, but will block off a block before about April, after that, the tee times are going to be harder to come by. Lost creek, Tannenbaum, Mountain ranch all have pretty good folks there that will probably work with you/us to work something out, but may want to touch base with them pretty soon. Couple of questions to work out though: One - is it going to be a true random, or somewhat even format of A,B,C, D player draws.

2 - After meeting with course, limiting filed, say whatever is an even filed within the tee time availability.

3 - any kind of fundraising, or jsut show up and play?

I have been VERY involved in getting tournaments going and depending on what you are trying to do, may have a few pitfall places to help avoid. Also, if you want a draw of A,B,C,D we will need to start putting on here name with interest and average score/handicap so we can see what we are looking at. If it is a compitition, somebody is going to get upset when they lose, so if there is a way to start it fair, the better off it will be. My $.02 worth

I will even volunteer to try and keep up with the breakdown of scores and assist with team draws if that is the direction things are voted. By the way, I will play!

20. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    i will try to play as long as i dont have to work.