Arkansas vs Auburn

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by hawgpharm, Jan 10, 2008.

1. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

No threads on the auburn game tonight yet? i hope the hogs can win one on the road. they should beat this team.

hogs by 10

2. millennium man

millennium man Well-Known Member

Hogs by 5! Hogs 83 Auburn 78

3. theridgehunter

theridgehunter Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Depends on which Hog team shows up. But you're right, they should be Auburn.

4. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

I hope they beat them.:razz:

5. ozark deerslayer

ozark deerslayer Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner

6. does steven hill serve any purpose out there besides standing around looking goofy?

7. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I thought ya'll were posting scores, ya'll were predicting. :smack:

8. Hogs need to make some adjustments at the half. The shorter team is out rebounding us.:smack:

9. yjjeeper

yjjeeper Well-Known Member

lost
    A SEC road win.

Excellent!!! :cool:

10. thethrill

thethrill Well-Known Member

Boy I was wonderin when they cut our lead there torwards the end.

Good Win!!

11. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

It's good to see the Hogs actually finish the last 2 games. A good road win! Pelfrey is doing what is needed.

12. zane

zane Well-Known Member

Good way to start off conference play!!

GO HOGS

13. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

good call!

14. possum

Great road win for the Hogs! If they're going to have continued success there is two things that will need to improve from last nights game FT's (7-17) and Steven Hill's production especially rebounding (15 minutes played/0 rebounds/3 personal fouls) I didn't watch the game so all I can by is the box score. Maybe somebody can enlighten me on the situation as to whether it's just the offense sets are designed to pull the opponents big men out away from the basket, which still wouldn't explain no defensive rebounds, or is he just not fitting the system or what.

15. millennium man

millennium man Well-Known Member

Auburn shot a ton of 3 point shots and alot of the rebounds came out away from the basket. Plus Auburn had no inside game playing mostly smaller players so Arkansas was forced to play man to man. Steven Hill didn't have the quickness to play the man to man so Coach P had him on the bench when they weren't in zone defense. He still just didn't look very good when he was in the game. Kinda like Huntbigbucs said he was standing around looking goofy. To his defense his specialty is blocking shots and they really didn't bring anything inside, they shot almost everything from the outside.

16. possum

:thumb:, that's stuff you can't see looking at the box scores.

17. dunnhead

dunnhead Well-Known Member

One improvement I saw was that Vincent Hunter sat the bench the whole game. IMO, that usually improves your chances of winning.
    I think Steven Hill is too unselfish for his own good. Maybe it's a confidence issue. When he has to try to score he isn't bad, but he looks to pass first even if he has an open look. There was once last night where he had the ball late in the shot clock and had to shoot. He drained a turn around jumper from about 8 feet. I don't know why he doesn't get more rebounds. It seems like he'd rather block someone out instead of grab a ball that's right in his face. They say guys that big take longer to develop, but I feel like we've been waiting for him to turn the corner since he got on campus.

18. S2KHAWK

S2KHAWK Well-Known Member

I think Steven Hill has the potential but he's just not showing us what he can do. I remember seeing a glimpse last year of how good he could be on offense. There were a couple of games where he just played out of character. I was hoping Coach Pel would bring some of that out of him but I haven't seen it yet.

19. possum

I guess that's what I was expecting, for Coach P to bring out more of what we saw from him 2 or 3 games in the second half of the season last year where he was a force on both ends of the floor and putting putting up decent numbers across the board.

20. I'll tell you what Jimmy Dykes (former Razorback and now ESPN commentator) said. He said that Hill is looking at a 7 to 8 year career in the NBA for his defense. He is not a scorer but he is excellent at blocking shots under the rim and make the shooter alter his normal shot. He can get up and down the floor fast for a 7 footer. He will never be a shot maker. I would think Dykes knows what he is talking about because he usually is spot on with his basket ball knowledge.