Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arkansas State Outdoor championship will be held July the 13th at Cherokee Bowhunters at Camp Crowder just south of Neosho Mo. It will consist of 14 field 14 hunter and 14 animal for a total 126 arrows. This is full day of shooting fun.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
digger, can you explain to us what this format is? Types of targets, distances, known or unkown. What kinds of setups are allowed and are there different classes based on equipment.

I've been interested in field archery but there is nowhere to shoot it close by that I know of.

hd

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is all known distance 20ft to 80yrds. They are all paper targets field is white with black dot and the hunter is black with white dot. You shoot 4 arrow at each of the 14 stations on these 2 rounds with 20 pnts per target possible 280 per round. The animal round is only 14 shots at paper animals. Freestyle is same as open equipment bowhunter freestyle same as hunter 5 pins and short stabilizer no lens.There is a guy wanting to put in a range at marshall this fall don't know if it will happen or not. There used to be range at Hot Springs they have not shot in several years so I am told. Any more qustions I will try answer this still a little new to me also.

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,655 Posts
The A.S.A.A. is affiliated with the National Field Archery Association.

The tournament is a Field archery tournament much like an Olympic archery competition except with compound bows although I think they also have divisions for more traditional equipment. Unlimited divisions will have long stabilizers, powered scopes and use peep sights as well as releases.

Here is a link that explains it all.
http://www.nfaa-archery.org/field/info.cfm

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they have many other classes traditional, cubs, ladies, seniors, plus several more. In the Olympics they shoot only 70 meters at a fita style face recurve only. I have found that shooting field archery has really helped my 3-D game it is a lot of practice and you only have to concentrate on the shot not on yardage. Info on the ASAA can be found at asaaonline.org/.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.