Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard tonight that the game & fish is looking to outlaw hog-dogging in Arkansas. They are supposed to look into it at the Mar 20 meeting. Make your voice heard.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
you talking about the competetion or hog hunting with dogs if so they will have to outlaw the dogs on cows to and that ain't going to happen to many cowboys out dogs a must have there justs like me my dogs are cow dogs first hog dogs second. and two many hogs ruining pastures

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A fellow called about a dog I have for sale and mentioned it. May not be any truth to it but the AFG&C is meeting on Mar 20th to discuss rule chages and set seasons.

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
They arent considered a game animal so I wonder what the reason for banning them would be? (if its true)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mo. Rules

I have heard that the same thing is being talked about in Mo. I just don't understand how they can pass it without making the use of all dogs illegal.:smack:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If so, ALL Dog Hunters need to join forces to fight this...........

If the AFGC doesn't Acknowledge Wild Hogs as a Game Animal. I don't see how they can try to Regulate the use of Dogs to hunt them.........

It would be like the Game warden trying to give me a Ticket. For using my Mama's Weenie Dog to tree our Neighbor's House Cats when I was a kid.........

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Arkansas Game and Fish would be over stepping their boudaries. Hogs are not regulated by the G&F nor do they have any authority to ban dogs on private property. Surely its just a rumor.........:mad:

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
I did have a WO tell me they were thinking of regulating hog hunting. Maybe this has more to do that than anything? If they outlaw hog hunting on private property they had better get ready for a flood of depredation permits to control nuisance animals. If a hog, pig, piglet is causing damage then they are a nuisance.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I heard something similar, but what I heard only applied to public property and also looking at getting more serious on the ones dumping the pigs on public property. This is good for the public property i think, hogs are killing our turkey populations.

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
The Arkansas Game and Fish would be over stepping their boudaries. Hogs are not regulated by the G&F nor do they have any authority to ban dogs on private property. Surely its just a rumor.........:mad:
as for Private property they dont have Authority.. YET

The rules can change anytime they see fit as we should all know..
Do you really think they care what anyone wants...

There is a hog season so why cant they.. They regulate that you cant hunt them on public land during the off hunting season dont they :confused:

So why cant they say no using dogs on Public property period on any animal or just hogs or just deer or ***** or whatever is happening on State land ?

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
I heard something similar, but what I heard only applied to public property and also looking at getting more serious on the ones dumping the pigs on public property. This is good for the public property i think, hogs are killing our turkey populations.
Alot of these are released legally on Private Property and Escape .

1 - 20 of 64 Posts