Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved harvest report that should be public soon. Spring harvest up 4% to 11,461. Effected by closure of zone 17 and early season flooding. Also by below normal temps in the first and third weeks.

Really really really bad news is that the preliminary data is showing that the reproduction this spring is the worst on record. Unless a whole bunch of poults appeared in August, this year will beat '05 in the worst on record category. Get this, 70% of the hens seen this spring were without poults. That is absolutely terrible. Jake harvest was also way down which is a strong indicator of previous year reproductive success.

Folks, get ready for it to get worse before it gets better. Not just in Arkansas though...Bama, KS, MS, all trending down. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, good luck next spring we are gonna need it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jake harvest was also way down which is a strong indicator of previous year reproductive success.
How's that...it would seem to me that if the jake harvest was down then the previous reproductive year would not have been a success. Just a thought, if there are more of them (success), then, if it is legal, (and it unfortunatly is)
the harvest would go UP instead of down and visa versa.

See this thread

http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=38857

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How's that...it would seem to me that if the jake harvest was down then the previous reproductive year would not have been a success. Just a thought, if there are more of them (success), then, if it is legal, (and it unfortunatly is)
the harvest would go UP instead of down and visa versa.

See this thread

http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=38857
That is what i meant....strong indicator of poor reproductive success. You are right, the more jakes out there, the more are killed whether it is good or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.