Arkansas Fan Conduct

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by WillyB71, Jan 5, 2011.

1. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

For those of you at the game, I need to ask a question: Were there as many drunk, loud mouthed, nasty talking, rude Arkansas fans around you as around me???

After 1/2 hour of listening to two of our finest representatives screaming G D MF'in this & that at the top of their lungs (surrounded by women & kids), and taunting well behaved OS fans 3 rows up, I stood up & asked them to hold it down.

That resulted in an argument, a threat, and me leaving to find a cop. Of course, they were gone when the cop & I got back.

They came back in the 2nd half, the cop came back, they left again when they saw him coming.

As I was going after the cop, a Arkansas fan from the military followed after me because there was a guy 6 rows down doing the same thing...he needed a cop, too.

The cop was already on the way there to find some other Arkansas fan who dumped a beer on some OS woman.

I used to brag on our fans, but not anymore. You can say that you always have a few bad eggs, but they were everywhere Tuesday night.

I know the alcohol was part of the problem, but there's no excuse for that much bad behavior.

2. cbowjones

cbowjones Well-Known Member

Bourbon St.

Im not a resident of New Orleans (thank the good lord), but I work offshore and out office is based out of New Orleans. I spend 75% of my time down here and have friends that have an apartment on Royal Street. Been to Mardi Gras and several different festivities. All I have to say is, I agree 110% with you on Arkansas fans pathetic behavior. I personally pulled a guy off of a balcony edge who was dumping his beer on every Ohio fan that went under him. Like I said, I have seen all types of people downtown but Arkansas fans take the cake on the douche bags award. I don't know if people came down and couldn't believe you could get to go drinks or what! It was like watching a 1st grade class fighting over the crayons down there. It was a mixture of young kids and WAY to much alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast actually being on bourbon with almost all Arkansas people for once......but the fans of U of A need to learn how to be a little more respectful.

3. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Guess either one of you have been to Ole Miss

4. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Not that I'm condoning the behavior, but I understand it. #1, it's NOLA. #2, there were a lot of things to cuss at last night. :shrug:

5. cbowjones

cbowjones Well-Known Member

very true sir!:clap:

6. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Yesssir!!

I wasn't there, but have talked to several close friends, and they were surprised at how 'calm' most were, that as a whole, they were fairly well behaved....and these folks are only gonna miss a Hog game when they die!!

On the other hand after the game, they encountered several situations where the OSU fans were on the brink of being totally disgusting to the Arkansas folks...and it was where even their (OSU) folks were leaving their rowdy co-horts........

Again, wasn't there, just repeating what I was told!

7. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that fans are fans whatever team they cheer for. Some good and some bad on both sides...unless were talkin about LSU...then all bets are off.,they smell like corn dogs.:fit:

8. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

My wife and I were eating lunch today and some people stopped in on their way back to N. AR from NOLA. They were complaining about how rude some of the OSU fans became after the game. I have also heard the other side on Facebook from a friend whom is a cop in Kenner, LA, an OSU fan, and who lives in NOLA. Seems like they had a few problems with some UA fans, but I am sure he would not tell you about the OSU fans if he had to. :fit:

9. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

I was there, and while there were a few rowdy ark fans i dont think its any different than any other sec fans. I have been to a few different places around the sec and its always the same "drunk college kids get rowdy", and the fact of the matter is that the home team always seems a lot wilder than the visiting team. This was a fairly cheap easy trip to a party town for all college age kids in arkansas, on the other hand it was a lot more expensive for osu people so most of them were older people with familys.

10. spur

spur Moderator-Razorback Forum<br>Sports

nwar
    It's like that at every college game I've been to! Didn't matter the school but the later in the day the game is played the worse it gets. Some folks don't know how to behave plain and simple. I do appreciate fans policing themselves and must commend you guys for doing such. I've done it a time or 2 myself but waited until it was almost unbearable or once a couple of guys were verbally abusing a couple of older ladies from Bama. Not that I like Bama at all but some things aren't right. Got a $100 gift certificate from that one!

11. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

only had two ohio fans get stupid around me and that was after the game, and it was with another hog fan. one was in the stands and one on the stairs

12. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Musta been sitting close to the politicians!:fit::razz:

13. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

To sum this up here is a text converstation between me and a friend.

Me
    Nice. A moment of silence for our own state and what do you hear in the middle of it ? Nothing but "Go Hogs". Just sorry.

Him.
    I would have been the loudest one.

Me.
    I would have punched you in the balls if I was there with you.

Him.
    Because you are "_________" and if it is not 100% what I like or believe it is wrong.

Me.
    No it is all about respect for others and many Arkansas fans don't have it.

Him.
    Yep and I love it.

14. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great guy. :doh:

15. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    I was at the game and didnt have any problems at all with Arkansas or Ohio State fans even though we had several that were pretty well lit around us.

And I didnt hear the Go Hogs during the moment of silence.

70 something thousand people in that place so youve got to expect that a few are gonna get out hand. I dont think its fair to say the whole fan base (for either team) is the same way that a few are.

16. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I don't think you can lump the whole fan base togther based on a few individuals. That kinda behavior is uncalled for. Folks pay good money to go to a game not get in a fight with some jerk who can't hold his liquor.

17. well said fb and i was at the game as well....

18. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

People hammered at a football game in New Orleans>>>>>I'm shocked!

There will always be folks who have too many and can't handle it.

You have to expect that kind of crap and if you bring kids, they have to deal with that sometimes. Just tell them to watch, learn and laugh.

They should have a small section set aside as a family area. (and maybe a loud drunk area for me and a few of my friends)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  19. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

I think having an attitude is OK.

I think being enthusiastic about our team is a requirement.

When it comes down to me not being able to take my wife & kids to a Hog game, that crosses the line.

Nobody should cut these folks any slack.

20. Arktiger86

Arktiger86 Well-Known Member

I have to be honest about this one,as an LSU student I've been to every SEC stadium while I've been in college, except Vandy. From my experience All teams have a few drunk rowdy fans.

I myself tailgate pretty hard at home and away games alike, and I'll "tigerbait" opposing fans, but then I'll ask if they want a beer or some food from our tail gate. Most fans at other schools do the same, including Ole Miss, who is historically our biggest/hated rival.

BUT, good lord going to a game in Little Rock is the worst. Just in pure numbers I have never in my life experienced so much rudeness and hate. I will NEVER go back to a game at WM. It's not worth it. I went to the game in 06' and 08'. Win or lose yall have by far the most rude, crude, obnoxious fans. I can't tell you how many fights I almost got in simply because my gold LSU shirt. I had people spit on me, throw drinks on me, trip me walking up stairs and for what reason? NONE. I cheered when LSU did something good, but by no means talked trash or ribbed any Arkansas fans. And how many "piss on LSU shirts" did I see, countless, I even saw kids wearing them. Very classy.

Now I know, all of your fans aren't like that, and I don't mean to imply that. But I would be embarrassed as an Arkansas fan. The game in 08' I went with a family that had a 7 year old girl with us. You would think some people would bite their tongue a little, out of respect for the kid. Nope, F you tiger fans, Yall got beat you P.O.S., and various other obscenities were yelled at our group all the way back to the car.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little on this subject. I doubt there are any fans like the ones I encountered on here. Everyone on here seems to be polite and respectful.

By the way, if there is a close number two, UF fans aren't the nicest people either.

Once again, I apologize if I offended anybody, but man, going to a game in little rock is not an enjoyable experience whether LSU wins or Loses. :shrug: