Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody on here that lives in, or around, the Arkansas Elk Zone 1 that would be available to be a "helper" during the Arkansas Elk Hunt. It seems that I've run out of family and friends to use. I guess they're all jealous that I drew an Arkansas Elk Permit. No, actually everybody that I would normally use is unavailable. My son-in-law is out of vacation time, my grandson is still in school, my brother-in-law will be neck deep in Christmas shoppers at his truck accessories store. My wife can't even get off because her boss is going to be out-of-town. I'm going to ask at church, but I don't expect that to do much for me.

Anyway, I can camp by myself, and I can hunt by myself, but I can't get an elk out of the woods by myself, and I've got until August 25th to turn in my paperwork with the names of my helper(s) on it. So, if there's anybody that might want to be part of an Arkansas Elk Hunt, let me know. You're more than welcome to trapes around in the Buffalo National River Park with me. I'll even let you run a video camera for me.

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
If my son gets one early or if you get one we might can help out. We are suppose to have 2 others beside myself and my son. Thinking about camping at a private campground just on the edge of Jasper that has full hookups for anything yoy got and they also have small cabins if you are interested. Still not sure yet just where we will camp. Going up there around end of August or first of Sept. to start scouting. Will decide later about where to camp. Found a couple of other sights that I didn't know about where you can camp.

·
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Sgt. Rock tried, but work obligations has put an end to his going along on my elk hunt. If there's anybody that would like a week long camping trip in a cabin at Dogwood Springs with all expenses paid, let me know. I' ve already reserved, and paid for, the cabin. I'll take care of the gas, and the meals for the helper(s). The cabin doesn't have a kitchen in it, but I'll have a microwave, and we can grill. There are also several resturants in Jasper that we can have food (pizza, hot wings, etc,) delivered to the campground. My treat. You'll have to buy your own smokes, if you smoke. You'll have your own shower, and private bedroom. Here's some pics of the cabin.

·
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what are the dates of your hunt?
My hunt is scheduled for December 8 - 12 in Elk Zone 1. I plan on arriving at the Dogwood Springs Campground on December 6th. I've got an Elk Orientation to attend on Sunday, the 7th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.