Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’ve never fished Millwood or Overcup but was really looking forward to it. A guy I fish with some grew up down there and we’ve threatened to go spend the week down there sometime in the future. I just enjoy going to new water and fishing. I don’t do it often because I’m stubborn but I’m trying to break that habit.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nimrod and Blue Mtn have been getting POUNDED for the past 2-3 years and I’m afraid it will take a toll in the future. Still some really nice fish to be caught and plenty of numbers but it’s not uncommon to see 30-60 boats on Blue Mtn on a decent weather day.
I'd bet there aren't 60 boats on Norfork or Bull on a weekday - assuming jetskis don't count as boats. Surely not the last few years when all the ramps have been under water.

·
Premium Member
31,037 Posts
I’ve never fished Millwood or Overcup but was really looking forward to it. A guy I fish with some grew up down there and we’ve threatened to go spend the week down there sometime in the future. I just enjoy going to new water and fishing. I don’t do it often because I’m stubborn but I’m trying to break that habit.
Going to Millwood ...It hard not to keep going to lake Fork in Texas..if you never been don't go..
Iv fished the Big 4 in Mississippi..they are good..
But can't hold a candle to lake Fork in my opinion..
Known for it's big Bass...It's unreal crappie fishing..your method your way..
Good fishing..

·
Premium Member
31,037 Posts
I'd bet there aren't 60 boats on Norfork or Bull on a weekday - assuming jetskis don't count as boats. Surely not the last few years when all the ramps have been under water.
Don't tell em.. keep it a secret...lol..
Love Norfork...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nimrod and Blue Mtn have been getting POUNDED for the past 2-3 years and I’m afraid it will take a toll in the future. Still some really nice fish to be caught and plenty of numbers but it’s not uncommon to see 30-60 boats on Blue Mtn on a decent weather day.
Counted 27 boats in lick creek cove one day last spring

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Counted 27 boats in lick creek cove one day last spring
Must have been a slow day!

No, I believe it. I’m going down there in the morning for the first time in week or so. Decent weather on a Friday makes for a lot of boats but I can stay away from most of them. I wasn’t going to go because I assumed everyone would be down there practicing but maybe the postponement will keep a few of them home.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Must have been a slow day!

No, I believe it. I’m going down there in the morning for the first time in week or so. Decent weather on a Friday makes for a lot of boats but I can stay away from most of them. I wasn’t going to go because I assumed everyone would be down there practicing but maybe the postponement will keep a few of them home.
Think I'll wait till Saturday. I have a hunch I won't see many other boats

21 - 38 of 38 Posts