Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone fishing this trail this year? I had every intention to but a new job will keep me from doing so. If you are planning to fish it the point of contact has changed. Tim Cumbie will be taking over that role as Jerry McCready is recovering from a roughs stint with COVID. If anyone needs Tims phone number just PM me here and I can send it to you.
Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
28,698 Posts
No. I don't do competition fishing. But I'd win the one that's on my birthday on Nimrod! LOL. Now, I'd have to ensure there are only 2 other contestants, mind you. Blue Mountain and Nimrod are not big enough to have a big tournament with 100 contestants. That saddens me, actually.

Reactions: jackie53

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,778 Posts
No. I don't do competition fishing. But I'd win the one that's on my birthday on Nimrod! LOL. Now, I'd have to ensure there are only 2 other contestants, mind you. Blue Mountain and Nimrod are not big enough to have a big tournament with 100 contestants. That saddens me, actually.
Add the 3 bass tournaments that they will have on it that morning. Ill be more than glad to let people park in my back yard for $40 a spot!

·
Premium Member
28,725 Posts
You could probably make a dime or two guiding the guys prefishing
Haha - that is a funny one right there. I might could show them around in trade for them showing me how to fish. Not sure I would have the fortitude to run from the state park up the river channel in three ft waves and stumps the end of March. They should put in at Yarborough. They might all end up fishing State Park cove

·
Premium Member
12,948 Posts
Haha - that is a funny one right there. I might could show them around in trade for them showing me how to fish. Not sure I would have the fortitude to run from the state park up the river channel in three ft waves and stumps the end of March. They should put in at Yarborough. They might all end up fishing State Park cove
Ok then, here’s another money maker idea….

Order a pickup load of stainless props and sell them at the state park

There is no way I’d run from marina to McGuire in March

·
Registered
327 Posts
I hope most of the ones that fish nimrod and Blue Mountain actually know the lake. Lots of shallow stumpy stuff on both of them. We have land on blue mtn lake not far from Lick Creek ramp. Lake isn’t as good as it used to be.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nimrod and Blue Mtn have been getting POUNDED for the past 2-3 years and I’m afraid it will take a toll in the future. Still some really nice fish to be caught and plenty of numbers but it’s not uncommon to see 30-60 boats on Blue Mtn on a decent weather day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nimrod and Blue Mtn have been getting POUNDED for the past 2-3 years and I’m afraid it will take a toll in the future. Still some really nice fish to be caught and plenty of numbers but it’s not uncommon to see 30-60 boats on Blue Mtn on a decent weather day.
You ain’t lyin! We’ve pulled up to the ramp and ended up having to park a long ways away at wave land.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You ain’t lyin! We’ve pulled up to the ramp and ended up having to park a long ways away at wave land.
I would put in at Lick Creek ramp when I come over there but that parking lot is as rough as a cob and value my boat trailer axles.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would put in at Lick Creek ramp when I come over there but that parking lot is as rough as a cob and value my boat trailer axles.
My parents have been trying to clean it up some at Lick Creek. They was also told that the ramp and parking was going to get fixed this year so they can reopen it. We shall see.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts