Are you open minded

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by johnf, Nov 29, 2012.

Are you open minded

Poll closed Dec 2, 2012.
  1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. no

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  1. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

2. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I'm of course refering to political and religous matters.

3. bogie

bogie Well-Known Member

4. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Nope. I still miss singing from the hymnal

5. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

"Tolerance is a virtue of a man without convictions" No.

6. bogie

bogie Well-Known Member

At one point in time it was considered OPEN mindedness to believe that Jesus was the son of God! The Sadducee's and Pharisee's were so closed minded that they never even noticed the old scripture coming to life before their very eyes.

7. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I voted no. My wife even calls me rigid. Actually, she called me something else but I would get banned for repeating it here.

8. shootemagain

shootemagain Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're referring to.....but I'm gonna say probably not very. More specifics would help.

9. No, I only tolerate open minded folks! :cool:

Tommy

10. btech29

btech29 Well-Known Member

If open minded means I accept everyone no matter what they do, then NO.

11. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

12. 45-70hunter

45-70hunter Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as you agree with me.:cool:

13. Nope, not even a little.
    I believe there is right and wrong and the difference is most decidedly NOT a matter of perspective.
    I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it means what it says and is not open for debate.
    I believe that the authors of the constitution knew what they wanted to say, said it, and never intended to create a "living" document, but instead intended a solid rock for the foundation of our country. It doesn't "evolve" it gets amended by a prescribed process only.
    Nope, open minded is just a nice term for the hole in your head that your brain rolled out of.

14. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

My wife say's I am set in my way's, I call it having been raised right and having morals. Opened minded means going against all that.

15. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I don't believe so. In the immortal words of Aron Tippin " if you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything"

16. Afalex1

Afalex1 Well-Known Member

Cabot
    By todays standards not one bit. I'm forced to tolerate a lot by my career choice. I just keep to myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

17. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

18. Everything depends on definitions. Usually when that question is asked whatever has been hiding in wait springs out.

As to the pure question I would say it depends on the subject, and on a really bad day my attitude! LOL

19. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I'm probably not very open-minded, being as how I was reprogrammed during military training. At least thats what my wife claims!:fit::fit::fit::razz:

20. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I like to believe that I am. Being open-minded doesn't mean that you're gulible. It just means that you give equal consideration to thoughts and opinions. You still make your own choices, and have your own convictions.